Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Chriiiiiiiiistmas!

This Space For Hire

Default It's Chriiiiiiiiistmas!

The Roebuck

A 'Merry Christmas' sign spotted three nights ago.

The Warrington Hotel

Crackers in a basket by the bar spotted over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Roebuck

A 'Merry Christmas' sign spotted three nights ago.

The Warrington Hotel

Crackers in a basket by the bar spotted over a week ago.
    Ho ho ho!

A "Ho Ho Ho" decoration (rpadam) and "book your Xmas party here" spotted in the entrance lobby in High Wycombe's Spindle & Thread upon departure yesterday, having just treated my son to a carvery meal after his morning football match (they won). Suspect something similar will have been rolled out for all the other NuMarstons across the country...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

A Nicholson's dump in Newcastle had the Xmas menu on display on Friday August 17th. I deducted a point for it. Even JDW don't start that early. I think it used to be 1st September but haven't seen anything yet. Who in their right mind would have a do in a Spoons? Most pub "roasts" are fake but at least they make an effort with the veg.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    A "Ho Ho Ho" decoration (rpadam) and "book your Xmas party here" spotted in the entrance lobby in High Wycombe's Spindle & Thread upon departure yesterday, having just treated my son to a carvery meal after his morning football match (they won). Suspect something similar will have been rolled out for all the other NuMarstons across the country...
    Went to The Fox on 02/09/18 and all the Christmas Menu's leaflets were being prepped by member of staff and the bigger sign already in situ by the door.

It is September so when do you expect festivities to commence for national chains to entice customers in to eat bland overpriced crap.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Went to The Fox on 02/09/18 and all the Christmas Menu's leaflets were being prepped by member of staff and the bigger sign already in situ by the door.

It is September so when do you expect festivities to commence for national chains to entice customers in to eat bland overpriced crap.
    Round about now, same time as the self appointed office party organiser gets their bum in gear by pinning up the annual "where shall we go for Christmas party" list
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Round about now, same time as the self appointed office party organiser gets their bum in gear by pinning up the annual "where shall we go for Christmas party" list
    It is about now that I go into hibernation until January. Usually in back street wet led locals.

This Space For Hire

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    It is about now that I go into hibernation until January. Usually in back street wet led locals.
    Can't fault you on that one, Alan. An excellent idea.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Wise choice.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields