Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Confused??? Dursley reopening and closing.

This Space For Hire

Default Confused??? Dursley reopening and closing.

The Kingshill was reopened recently by a local active member on here and also had reference to a new name/referral to the old name when it was likely to be classed as a Winfield for most on here due to lack of drinkable brown stuff but new review/name was more food lead than it was on my visit a few years ago.

Now it's been shut based on comments from Quinno about BYOB but their FB https://www.facebook.com/ranchersteakhousedursley/ page is alive and kicking showing pumps and referring to it as a "Local Pub For Local People" Is there a weblink I've missed to tell me otherwise?

Very confused without wasting the petrol to visit to work out what's going on as WP update dates are out of date and survey date is in the Jurassic era.

Equally confused.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

There's even some confusion over whether it's Ranchers or Rancher Steakhouse. However, the website and Facebook page both feature photos of the bar with people sitting at it and drinking beer, with handpumps also depicted. I have marked the pub as open, with links to website and Facebook. If Quinno has different information, he can reveal it to us in due course. In the meantime, anyone visiting the pub's page on Pubs Galore can make up their own minds.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There's even some confusion over whether it's Ranchers or Rancher Steakhouse. However, the website and Facebook page both feature photos of the bar with people sitting at it and drinking beer, with handpumps also depicted. I have marked the pub as open, with links to website and Facebook. If Quinno has different information, he can reveal it to us in due course. In the meantime, anyone visiting the pub's page on Pubs Galore can make up their own minds.
    Good evening all.

Marked as closed as I saw a lot about food but no mention of a bar, or the ability to purchase just a drink. To me it looked like a restaurant (I thought I had said that in the comment?).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Good evening all.

Marked as closed as I saw a lot about food but no mention of a bar, or the ability to purchase just a drink. To me it looked like a restaurant (I thought I had said that in the comment?).
    Your comment referred to a BYOB policy, which is not mentioned on the pub's own website or on Facebook, unless I have missed it. On Facebook there is a photo of three hand pumps with Doom Bar, HPA and Butty Bach. The website is headed "Our Pub: local pub for local people". Unless the website is a fake, it would seem perverse to list this pub as closed. Until such time as someone reports going in there and is unable to buy a beer at the bar without also ordering food.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Your comment referred to a BYOB policy, which is not mentioned on the pub's own website or on Facebook, unless I have missed it. On Facebook there is a photo of three hand pumps with Doom Bar, HPA and Butty Bach. The website is headed "Our Pub: local pub for local people". Unless the website is a fake, it would seem perverse to list this pub as closed. Until such time as someone reports going in there and is unable to buy a beer at the bar without also ordering food.
    Just been back on the website as that's where I saw it.

https://www.rancherssteakhouse.online/

Which, after checking again, is a website for a place in Texas!

My mistake!

All is well with the world now.
    Last edited by Quinno; 28-08-2018 at 19:06.

This Space For Hire

My petrol bill to Texas to check would be quite excessive.... Appreciate the Google same name redirection without noticing you've been sent elsewhere in the country or to America.

Although UK refer more to just BYO.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    All is well with the world now.
    Gott sei Dank!
    Come On You Hatters!