Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Las Iguanas - A pub or not?

  1. #51
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Old Boots,

    Thanks for that. I shall resubmit all of my awaiting approval photos starting today, to be done as time permits. And no, I am not Matthew Jones or any other person. I would not waste my time with such crap but alas, the images were approved were they not?

    Perry

  2. #52
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    As suggested I have resubmitted around 50 pictures, London, Sheffield, Chelmsford, Ipswich. Can anybody see them?

    Thanks.

  3. #53
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Old Boots,

    Thanks for that. I shall resubmit all of my awaiting approval photos starting today, to be done as time permits. And no, I am not Matthew Jones or any other person. I would not waste my time with such crap but alas, the images were approved were they not?

    Perry
    24 photos are listed for approval but none from you, could you post a list of the pub names? Dave really needs to investigate this bug.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  4. #54
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    24 photos are listed for approval but none from you, could you post a list of the pub names? Dave really needs to investigate this bug.
    I will attempt to give you the details over next couple of days. Thanks.

    I resubmitted photos of the Olde Kings Head in Epsom tonight. These were sent via a Chrome book and attached portable drive rather that my usual PC. The photos appeared on recent activity but then vanished into thin air! What a surprise!

    Perry.

  5. #55
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I will attempt to give you the details over next couple of days. Thanks.

    I resubmitted photos of the Olde Kings Head in Epsom tonight. These were sent via a Chrome book and attached portable drive rather that my usual PC. The photos appeared on recent activity but then vanished into thin air! What a surprise!

    Perry.
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/35697/
    There was one picture of the outside of the pub three times and one of the pub sign twice so the two different pictures are now approved, and no they didn't show up in the "for approval" list which is just weird.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  6. #56
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks again, this is interesting.

    I submitted quite a few photos for Epsom pubs. Some were approved, others not.

    The following are still unapproved but in light of what you found regarding Ye Olde Kings Head could you please check them to see if they appear on the pubs pages. I have not resubmitted any more at this stage.

    Rocket Bar
    The Amato
    Barley Mow
    The Ladas
    Lime
    The Queens Head
    The Railway Guard
    The Rising Sun
    The Salthouse
    The Spread Eagle
    Wellington
    The White Hart
    White Horse.

    I have deleted the duplicated photos of the Ye Olde Kings Head.

    Cheers.

    Perry

  7. #57
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Epsom

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I submitted quite a few photos for Epsom pubs. Some were approved, others not.

    The following are still unapproved but in light of what you found regarding Ye Olde Kings Head could you please check them to see if they appear on the pubs pages. I have not resubmitted any more at this stage.
    Rocket Bar - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Amato - 2 pictures found and approved
    Barley Mow - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Ladas - 2 pictures found and approved
    Lime - 2 pictures found and approved, renamed Minature and shown as open
    The Queens Head - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Railway Guard - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Rising Sun - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Salthouse - 2 pictures found and approved
    The Spread Eagle - 2 pictures found and approved
    Wellington - 2 pictures found and approved
    The White Hart - 2 pictures found and approved
    White Horse - 2 pictures found and approved

  8. #58
    Spritzer Swallower
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Many thanks for sorting these out. The following are more entries, this time in Bermondsey SE1/SE16, which have not been approved:-

    214 Bermondsey
    Anspach & Hobday
    Barrel Project
    Bianca Road Brewery & Taproom
    The Bottle Shop
    BUMP Caves
    The Doodle Bar
    The Fleece
    The Fort
    The George
    The Grange
    Hawkes Cidery & Taproom
    Hiver Taproom & Shop
    Lassco Ropewalk
    The Other Room
    Brew By Numbers
    The Kernel Brewery
    The Lion
    Moor Beer Brewery Taproom
    The New Concorde
    The Queens Arms
    St James of Bermondsey
    UBREW
    The Red Cow
    Southwark Brewing
    The Victoria
    The White Bear.

    Thanks again.

  9. #59
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,871

    Default

    Those are all there and most have been approved including Doddle Bar in spite of the scaffolding tower and Lassco Ropewalk which is basically a photo of a gate.

    The photos referred to Dave are:

    Fleece - there are already 4 photos of this pub closed since at least 2011, one is enough in my book and most other people's I suggest.
    George - the photo of the sign is out of focus.
    New Concorde - closed pub with 2 photos already.
    Red Cow - closed and demolished, a photo of the replacement building is there already.

    Apart from getting thoroughly bored looking at pictures of railway arches I noticed lots of the other photos were actually of vans; Bottle Shop was particularly special as not only were there vans, there are some rather fetching pictures of portaloos and bins.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  10. #60
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Those are all there and most have been approved including Doddle Bar in spite of the scaffolding tower and Lassco Ropewalk which is basically a photo of a gate.

    The photos referred to Dave are:

    Fleece - there are already 4 photos of this pub closed since at least 2011, one is enough in my book and most other people's I suggest.
    George - the photo of the sign is out of focus.
    New Concorde - closed pub with 2 photos already.
    Red Cow - closed and demolished, a photo of the replacement building is there already.

    Apart from getting thoroughly bored looking at pictures of railway arches I noticed lots of the other photos were actually of vans; Bottle Shop was particularly special as not only were there vans, there are some rather fetching pictures of portaloos and bins.
    Where's a like button when you need one,
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •