Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Iguanas - A pub or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Thank you for your help on this. Can you please inform me how I can get my outstanding photos approved? Do I have to go through the process again? Thanks.
    It might be worth posting a list of the pubs with outstanding photos and we can take a look and see if we can sort them without reposting the pictures as that could lead to duplicates.

it's an oddity.

Sometimes I navigate to a pub page, see a notification telling me there are outstanding photos, but when I click through there are none

Other times, there are (always the same person's).

It's a glitch that Snow White is aware of.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    it's an oddity.

Sometimes I navigate to a pub page, see a notification telling me there are outstanding photos, but when I click through there are none

Ooh I sense a story here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    it's an oddity.

Could this be a device issue? I've had no trouble with pictures (apart from my own silly errors) and my only online access is a desktop PC at home.

This Space For Hire

Why bother Las Iguanas is not a pub.Nor is Frankie and Bennies or TJI Fridays and if Starbucks start selling beer they will not be considered as a pub in my book..I was in two brewery taps this weekend and they are not pubs either but have a pubiness about them so I suppose they are permissible but would not bother me if they were deleted either. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Why bother Las Iguanas is not a pub.Nor is Frankie and Bennies or TJI Fridays and if Starbucks start selling beer they will not be considered as a pub in my book..I was in two brewery taps this weekend and they are not pubs either but have a pubiness about them so I suppose they are permissible but would not bother me if they were deleted either. Rant over.
    I'm with you John.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Appreciate both sides of the argument. Yes you can get a drink, if like me you'll go anywhere on a list you can get CAMRA branches which will also add these spurious venues. It's a minefield. I've done loads of places where I'd not consider adding due to the Cafe Rouge effect, added some where the likes may also turn a nose up based on opinion. It's a hard and grey area as to what to class a pub as but given the venues are changing from a traditional pub to a place you can get a drink it's likely to need a Brexit Paper to determine what we do in the event of No Deal on here and WP to determine how to class an establishment where you can drink without awkwardness or get draught/keg/bottles/tins without being shown the door with broom.

Life evolves as do businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Appreciate both sides of the argument. Yes you can get a drink, if like me you'll go anywhere on a list you can get CAMRA branches which will also add these spurious venues. It's a minefield. I've done loads of places where I'd not consider adding due to the Cafe Rouge effect, added some where the likes may also turn a nose up based on opinion. It's a hard and grey area as to what to class a pub as but given the venues are changing from a traditional pub to a place you can get a drink it's likely to need a Brexit Paper to determine what we do in the event of No Deal on here and WP to determine how to class an establishment where you can drink without awkwardness or get draught/keg/bottles/tins without being shown the door with broom.

Life evolves as do businesses.
    One of the reasons for all the confusion may be that some restaurant chains (Harvester, Toby Carvery and Miller & Carter spring to mind) have outlets based in buildings that were originally pubs as is the case with gastropubs that say you must have a meal. What about this place? I marked it as closed but can't fully justify that although I can in general terms. If you think the site policy should change then just try coming up with a workable rule other than the existing one that isn't going to cause a whole load of grief. I've tried it and got nowhere!
    As for What Pub it depends entirely on the local branch. Some seem to not even bother adding keg only pubs.

Spritzer Swallower

Old Boots,

I composed a list of the photos that have been outstanding for over a year, but surprise, surprise, I was logged out when I tried to submit.

Spritzer Swallower

[QUOTE=Perry;95090]Old Boots,

I composed a list of the photos that have been outstanding for over a year, but surprise, surprise, I was logged out when I tried to submit.[/QUOTJ

Just in case this happens again I will list them five at a time. All are over a year "waiting approval".

Bear & Bells, Beccles, 3 photos submitted 9/8/16
    Prince of Wales, Beccles, 1 photo submitted 9/6/16
    Gainsborough, Sudbury, 2 photos submitted 20/10/16
    Falcons Nest Hotel, Port Erin, IOM, 1 photo submitted 29/10/16
    Prince of Wales, Reading, 2 photos submitted 23/1/17

Hope you can help sort this. Many thanks.