Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Iguanas - A pub or not?

Spritzer Swallower

Default Las Iguanas - A pub or not?

There are many entries on PG regarding this chain. It is always historically debatable about what constitites a pub, but I have had the occasional pint in some of these places and I find them OK. There is now one in Chelmsford and despite my efforts to enter this onto the database it is always deleted without reason. So perhaps somebody of infinite wisdom could explain to me why a Las Iguanas in Chelmsford is not considered to be a pub but those is other parts of the country appear to meet the criteria. I will not hold my breath awaiting a reply any longer than I wait for nearly one hundred of my photos which are apparently "awaiting approval". When I joined PG in 2007 responses for new entries and photos were acknowledged and processed almost immediately. Conrad was good.

This Space For Hire

Photos generally approved within a couple hours normally. Las Iguanas and alike such as cafe rouge generally added years ago. I've one by me that I've been to with no issues but no intention of adding on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    There are many entries on PG regarding this chain. It is always historically debatable about what constitites a pub, but I have had the occasional pint in some of these places and I find them OK. There is now one in Chelmsford and despite my efforts to enter this onto the database it is always deleted without reason. So perhaps somebody of infinite wisdom could explain to me why a Las Iguanas in Chelmsford is not considered to be a pub but those is other parts of the country appear to meet the criteria. I will not hold my breath awaiting a reply any longer than I wait for nearly one hundred of my photos which are apparently "awaiting approval". When I joined PG in 2007 responses for new entries and photos were acknowledged and processed almost immediately. Conrad was good.
    No idea why that happened, so I've just tried adding it myself and it is now there and approved (although it might take several hours for it to show up in a search).

NB - Almost everything is actioned within 24 hours, often much less, and there are currently no unactioned items that I can see.

This Space For Hire

There are masses of unactioned items such as map corrections and pictures that I stumble on. Obviously they fall into a void/glitch as historic to be found unless bought to organ grinders attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    There are masses of unactioned items such as map corrections and pictures that I stumble on. Obviously they fall into a void/glitch as historic to be found unless bought to organ grinders attention.
    There are certainly many historic ones that only Snow White can action, but everything the dwarves can action is done.

Yes I have the same problem but not with Las Iguanas more the TGI Fridays which is a similar thing. I gave up on the Frankie and Benny's a few years ago.I have no problem if they were all taken off but like you mention they should either all be on or all be off

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Yes I have the same problem but not with Las Iguanas more the TGI Fridays which is a similar thing. I gave up on the Frankie and Benny's a few years ago.I have no problem if they were all taken off but like you mention they should either all be on or all be off
    I know that some people have strong opinions on this, but my personal view is that if you can just walk and buy a drink without buying food or paying for entry then that is a valid entry.

Of course, whether one would actual wish to visit such places for a drink is a different question, but some people do and that's fine with me.

NB - What?ub has a similarly inconsistent approach, with a variety of Las Iguanas, Café Rouge, TGI Fridays and Franke & Benny's listed, but far from all and some recorded as restaurants but many shown as open pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I know that some people have strong opinions on this, but my personal view is that if you can just walk and buy a drink without buying food or paying for entry then that is a valid entry. [/I]
    Pretty much my view as well with the proviso that a gin joint or cocktail bar isn't a pub and shouldn't be here. I often come across recent photos waiting for approval that don't show up in the "awaiting approval" list the seven dwarves can see and I don't mean the crap photos that get referred. Some sort of glitch or bug I guess.

(Crap photos are the ones that are: out of focus, skew-wiff, pictures of some unidentifiable bit of architecture, pictures taken at such an oblique angle they could be anything, a picture of some scaffolding, some building or other in semi-darkness, or everyone's favourite, a picture of a dirty bus window.)

Spritzer Swallower

Thank you for your help on this. Can you please inform me how I can get my outstanding photos approved? Do I have to go through the process again? Thanks.

This Space For Hire

Sadly that works. Stuck pictures I've resubmitted with other pictures I've had to add and they tend to get approved.