Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Copyright infringement

Default Copyright infringement

Rather than posting this on the listing for The Crown Inn, Coalway Gloucestershire, and risk having it removed, I will post it here.

I recently looked on the Tripadvisor website and noticed that the Crown Inn at Coalway in Gloucestershire have used a photo of mine, and posted it on the Tripadvisor website. I originally posted this photo on Pubs Galore, the photo that appears on the Tripadvisor page has had the Pubs Galore watermark cropped out. Furthermore there is a caption underneath the photo, that states the photo was provided by the management. I have not given permission for The Crown Inn to use my photo.
    I sent an email to The Crown Inn's Facebook page, but have not received a reply. I have also contacted Tripadvisor, and notified them about the copyright infringement. Please check the Pubs Galore listing for the Crown Inn, which will confirm what I am saying.
    What I would like to happen is for either the pub to remove the photo (on the Tripadvisor page), or change the caption underneath the photo, acknowledging myself as the author of this work.

This Space For Hire

Have you tried actually speaking to someone at the Crown? E-mails are easy to ignore, real human beings aren't.

It's good to talk.

I can't fault your logic, I'll give it a try. Thanks

Looks like they've (Trip Advisor, that is) changed it, with your photo dropped and a picture from 2015 now duplicated.

It's very naughty of them (The Crown, that is - it looks like TA have been misled) and I hope you get at least an apology out of them. Let us know how you get on.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Looks like they've (Trip Advisor, that is) changed it, with your photo dropped and a picture from 2015 now duplicated.

It's very naughty of them (The Crown, that is - it looks like TA have been misled) and I hope you get at least an apology out of them. Let us know how you get on.
    Not as naughty as the f*****s at BITE who have appropriated possibly dozens, maybe even hundreds of my photos from Pubs History/Lost Pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Not as naughty as the f*****s at BITE who have appropriated possibly dozens, maybe even hundreds of my photos from Pubs History/Lost Pubs.
    Thanks for highlighting Tris. Like you, I've got a fair few photos on LPP in particular, so I'll have a mooch to see whether I've suffered the same misappropriation...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"