Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quinno's 2018 Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Let's have a quick referendum (advisory, of course):

Option 1: Dave to redesign the whole site, ignoring postal towns and traditional counties, and making it possible for anyone who thinks he's done the whole county of Rutland to be able to prove it to his mates by pointing to the stats on a website.

Option 2: Quinno to just suck it up.
    Option 1 please.

In all seriousness, a button to reassign the pub's allotted county may or may not be simple, depending on the architecture of the site. But if one doesn't ask, one will never get.
    Last edited by Quinno; 19-12-2018 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Option 1 please.

In all seriousness, a button to reassign the pub's allotted county may or may not be simple, depending on the architecture of the site. But if one doesn't ask, one will never get.
    Reassigning the County wouldn't resolve the greater problem of finding somewhere like Kinver which I knew was in Staffs but comes under W Midlands Stourbridge. That Ackleton place is a similar example.
    I don't believe that it's a problem that can be resolved without rebuilding the site which is surely not an option. Who knows what changes may be made to Counties in future years. If you look at the GBG only areas of London with postcodes are sorted by them and "outer" London is sorted by area name. That is further complicated by London being sorted into areas. In my book Chingford is Outer London and this pub is actually in Essex. Bristol looks like it has just had the old County of Avon renamed and Wales is totally wrong. I believe that Scotland isn't right either.
    As a side issue and I won't be going there unless JDW open a pub, why aren't the Channel Islands included here? I'm guessing it wasn't worth the bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    As a side issue and I won't be going there unless JDW open a pub, why aren't the Channel Islands included here? I'm guessing it wasn't worth the bother.
    I'd never noticed that!

That really is an A1 priority to add then. WhatPub lists 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    As a side issue and I won't be going there unless JDW open a pub, why aren't the Channel Islands included here?
    I seem recall a thread about this some years ago, but can't now find it... but another oddity is that the Isle of Man - the other Crown dependency - is included (albeit with a postcode mapping issue when adding a new pub).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I'd never noticed that!

That really is an A1 priority to add then. WhatPub lists 12...
    If for whatever reason Ireland becomes a united country will the NI entries be removed or Eire added? If it were the latter then I could add my reviews of the 5 JDWs over there as well as that bar I went in opposite one of Dublin's railway stations.