Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Fever (in Norfolk)

The only fever I'm getting from this idiotic over-hyped event is the yellow one from my jaundiced view of it. When does it end?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The only fever I'm getting from this idiotic over-hyped event is the yellow one from my jaundiced view of it. When does it end?
    With England winning it on July 15th
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    With England winning it on July 15th
    How many cases of Elvis Juice did you say you got through?
    That means there's the double whammy of this rubbish and Wimblebore to contend with.

Fortunately the greatest show on earth, or idiotic over-hyped event depending on your point of view shouldn't interrupt us too much on Friday..
    The 2.00PM game is Egypt v Uruguay, so not so much of a crowd puller for you average Stoke or Port Vale or frankly any persuasion supporter.
    The 5.00PM game is Morocco v Iran which is about as attractive as Jocelyn Wildenstein..
    And most fans of the kicking a pigs bladder around the green will be keeping their powder dry for the 8.00PM clash of the titans between Spain v Portugal, by which time we should be done and dusted and heading home..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Well I think the return, or not, of the Mo (Salah, 'running down the wing', really?, is that what he does? I thought he was more of an inside right) will be of huge interest on Merseyside and, I guess, in Egypt.
    17:00, hmm...
    20:00, yes, would have liked to watch that, although didn't go through with big-ish bet on Spain when I heard that Germany could afford to leave Sane out of their squad!! Time yet, mind...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    20:00, yes, would have liked to watch that, although didn't go through with big-ish bet on Spain when I heard that Germany could afford to leave Sane out of their squad!! Time yet, mind...
    I bet you are glad you didn't lay big on Spain this morning. There's nothing like shooting yourself in the foot days before the ultimate football tournament.. Well if you didn't already know that Real Madrid is bigger than the Spanish National team , you do now !
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    There's nothing like shooting yourself in the foot days before the ultimate football tournament.. Well if you didn't already know that Real Madrid is bigger than the Spanish National team , you do now !
    For those of you more interested in pubs & beer than football, Steve is referring to this: https://www.theguardian.com/football...eal-madrid-job
    Come On You Hatters!

I ended up in the Great Western on Friday night and they had a match on from "The Greatest Bore On Earth" with the sound turned down.
    I like sitting in the rear conservatory when it's not sunny and the few people that were watching the match all had empty or nearly empty glasses. As soon as it ended they all left. How is that of any benefit to the pub?
    I was absolutely delighted to find that the new micropub in the suburbs of Wolverhampton was a "proper" one with no music or TV whatsoever and a fantastic Lurcher who took his owner along for a visit.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

You can imagine the scene tonight, if England score against Tunisia, all the locals will turn and face each other, giving high sixes.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.