Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions needed for a new TV show

Default Suggestions needed for a new TV show

The following is a thread on the CAMRA Facebook page. What do the expert members of the Pub Forum think?

CAMRA's press office are currently helping pin down some of the most innovative and unusual features of the British beer and pub industry for a primetime BBC 2 show. Among many things, the production team are looking to film in pubs that are anything but run of the mill.

Therefore....

- What's the quirkiest pub you know... of in the UK, and why?
    - What's your favourite pub design (pub has to be open in present day)?
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    - What's the quirkiest pub you know... of in the UK, and why?
    Reading this thread made me realise that The Dry Dock in Leeds was missing from the PuG database. Basiically, it's a large canal barge, in the middle of a traffic island, bang opposite the main entrance of Leeds Met Uni. Unfortunately, it doesn't sell any real ale as far as I know, which probably puts the kibosh on it as far as the programme is concerned. However, as a venue to watch scantily clad female students, sunbathing on the grassy knoll on a hot summer's day, it takes some beating. Nurse! Nurse! My pills.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hmm, this is straying a little close to the Strangest Thing You've Seen in a Pub thread.

Cheers, thanks for that link.

Maybe they will follow the link and get some good ideas.
    Maybe a few CAMRA Facebook people will follow the link and discover the intellect and wisdom of the Pub Forum and, indeed, the wonders of Pubs Galore.
    Maybe Oz Clarke will do a programme about quirky pubs and end up investigating the boundaries of the Black Country :wink:
    Waes hael!

Default Oz And Hugh Raise The Bar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/oz-...raise-the-bar/

Oz Clarke and Hugh Dennis look for the best British drinks to stock in their pub cellar

21st December, BBC 2 9.05pm
    Boxing Day BBC 2 7.00pm
    27th December BBC 2 9.00pm
    2nd January BBC 2 8.00pm

http://uk-tv-guide.com/show-times/77...e%20Bar/page/1
    Waes hael!

Sorry to sound all miserable and curmudeonly but I suspect this will be another dreary piece of "entertainment" designed to take the Carling out of Hugh Dennis playing the innocent, blundering, everyman while Oz does his best pompous stuff as they both get bladdered in various unidentified pubs, wineries and breweries. Any caravan hilarity planned for this one I wonder? Did I see a mention of British spirits? that'll be whiskey or whisky then, on a more exciting note maybe we will get the low-down on pork scratchings or dwyill flunking as snacks and pubs games are in for the treatment. Actually the sight of Oz getting a mop-full of stale beer round the chops could be worth watching .

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I think we should have a Strictly Come Drinking reality show, where contestants get voted off every week if they don't get bladdard in the most humourous way
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    on a more exciting note maybe we will get the low-down on pork scratchings
    I went to a pork scratching factory in Walsall last week. The bloke was telling me about when they visited place where they buy the skin from in Denmark. For hard scratchings the skin is taken from leg (shank). The Danish chap said that one side of the shank goes to the UK, and the other side goes to Russia. When he was asked what the difference was he said, the stuff that goes to Russia will break your f****** teeth.

If you see any Russians without teeth it may be because they don't eat Black Country pork scratchings
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I think we should have a Strictly Come Drinking reality show, where contestants get voted off every week if they don't get bladdard in the most humourous way
    Like in the Not the Nine O'Clock News darts commentary sketch - he goes for a triple brandy ........
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    OK, as long as Roger is a judge and not a contestant, otherwise it's a no-brainer.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.