Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Any ideas?

  1. #11
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    How about this (again 1930s, but Singapore rather than Jamaica)?

    http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspap...00129-1.2.89.2

  2. #12
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    How about this (again 1930s, but Singapore rather than Jamaica)?

    http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspap...00129-1.2.89.2

    That would be this: bingo! Unless there was some trademark copy catting going on.

    http://www.breweryhistory.com/wiki/i...rewery_Co._Ltd



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NickDavies; 08-06-2018 at 13:47.

  3. #13
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    I'm still not convinced. It's not the same twin tower design as the beer mat and a different brand name.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  4. #14
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I'm still not convinced. It's not the same twin tower design as the beer mat and a different brand name.
    Going back to the Kingston Gleaner in Jamaica for a minute, it was being advertised as Tower Brand Lager Beer in 1929/30 (as per the Singapore advert) but just Tower Brand Beer (as per the beermat) by 1936.

  5. #15
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Notting Hill
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Going back to the Kingston Gleaner in Jamaica for a minute, it was being advertised as Tower Brand Lager Beer in 1929/30 (as per the Singapore advert) but just Tower Brand Beer (as per the beermat) by 1936.
    Perhaps the product was tweaked to suit different markets?

  6. #16
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    I think Nick is correct

    IMG_2262.jpg
    MILD:

Similar Threads

  1. Manchester- Ideas for crawl
    By BeechyBlackCat in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 10:34
  2. ideas for food in a sports bar, essex
    By mattlegends in forum Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-07-2011, 17:00
  3. Advertising ideas
    By Strongers in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17-09-2010, 12:35
  4. New Ideas Needed for Themed Pub Crawls
    By Andy Ven in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-05-2010, 09:43
  5. Ideas for a weekend away
    By Strongers in forum Requests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 20:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •