Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: FAO ROBCamra re Newhey Lodge

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default FAO ROBCamra re Newhey Lodge

Hi ROB,

I am just going through the corrections and you have requested that Newhey Lodge be marked as closed.

I am a bit stumped on what to do about it, if it has always been a snooker club we should probably not have it listed. Looking at the pictures though, particularly the pub sign I think that it would be a loss to delete it. If it used to be a pub then I guess it is fair enough to mark it closed, but a little misleading.

Rather than mark it as closed would it be better to just leave a review explaining it is a members club?

Conrad,

It's never been a pub it used to be Newhey Liberal Club. It's not just a snooker club either.

I bowl for Rochdale Bowling Club, which is a private members club and isn't affiliated to any other clubs. We have a clubhouse and a bar which is open 6 days per week, plus 2 snooker tables, but I wouldn't expect it to be on PUG.

Newhey Lodge is the same idea, although not for bowling.

Cheers

A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I'll sit on it for the moment, your request is visible to members.

I think this comes back to the thing that I need a label to clearly show up for members only venues.

Edit: As ever all opinions welcomed

When is a club not a club ??

The Liberal club in Cradley Heath is another example. It has a large bar that is open to anyone - I have been in many times and I am not a memeber.

Does this make it a pub as it is open to all ?? I have thought about suggesting it in the past.

I imagine everyone knows of a "club" where you don't need to be a member. So should they be listed on the site ??

In my opinion if you can go in and have a pint then it is good enough for me !!!

Cheers,

Del.

But you can't just walk in and buy a pint in Newhey Lodge or my bowling club unless you're signed in by a member or are playing for the opposing team on a match night.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    When is a club not a club ??

The Liberal club in Cradley Heath is another example. It has a large bar that is open to anyone - I have been in many times and I am not a memeber.

Does this make it a pub as it is open to all ?? I have thought about suggesting it in the past.

I imagine everyone knows of a "club" where you don't need to be a member. So should they be listed on the site ??

In my opinion if you can go in and have a pint then it is good enough for me !!!

Cheers,

Del.
    Fairfax, Coventry is listed on PG even through it is private "pub" When I say pub, it has all looks of normal pub. Anyway.. I went in and only to greet rather peeved off landlord telling to get out. I hasn't realise that I walked past post saying "This pub is for members only" or something like that..

Haven't been back since then (2003)
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/