Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: London hotel

Default London hotel

First off I don't want to tempt fate and I have been putting this off resulting in short notice!

With the Villa possibly reaching the play off final (everything crossed at this stage!) I fancy staying over if we get there on the 26th May.

There are millions of hotels to choose from but I thought some of you may have some tips?

I will be with my 79 year old father so absolute shitholes are out, as are hostels, shared bathrooms etc...

Needs to be fairly close to a tube station. Breakfast is optional (can always go to spoons)

Can't be too expensive - this seems to be the main problem as its London. We don't really want to pay over £100, preferably under!

I am sure I will find somewhere but it never hurts to get some options.

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    First off I don't want to tempt fate and I have been putting this off resulting in short notice!

With the Villa possibly reaching the play off final (everything crossed at this stage!) I fancy staying over if we get there on the 26th May.

There are millions of hotels to choose from but I thought some of you may have some tips?

I will be with my 79 year old father so absolute shitholes are out, as are hostels, shared bathrooms etc...

Needs to be fairly close to a tube station. Breakfast is optional (can always go to spoons)

Can't be too expensive - this seems to be the main problem as its London. We don't really want to pay over £100, preferably under!

Cheers,

Del.
    London at the weekend, for under £100 and not a shithole? Dream on. Having said that you may need to get outside the throbbing metropolis a bit. Travelodges are usually decent and cheap for the area, the City Road one is currently advertising at £94 for one night 26th May, Docklands is £88 and Stratford at £85 although these keep changing with availability. There's also further north at Finchley, Enfield or Whetstone still with rooms for the 26th and near the tube.

Have a look on laterooms or trivago or booking.dot for a more focused number of choices.
    There are many diseases,
    that strike people's kneeses,
    Covid19! is one by name
    It comes from the East
    Packed in bladders of yeast
    So the Chinese must take half the blame.

Apologies to Spike Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post

Cheers,

Del.

They built a Travelodge over Walthamstow Central Station a few years ago but I checked the price and it was £129. It's a very short journey to the Cross or Euston.
    The Victoria line is easily the best tube line in London.

Raised my budget a little and booked in at the Farringdon Travelodge for £119.
    Train booked and match ticket booked - all systems go.....
    Just some pub planning to do now...

I am a salmon !!