Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Curry and a pint - but pint of what?

This Space For Hire

Default Curry and a pint - but pint of what?

In an establishment not unrelated to the renowned Boadicea you can get curry plus a pint of Carling Black Label for a quid less than having the curry by itself. Out of idle curiosity I asked what happens if you don't care for Carling Black Label and was advised that that was way it is, so your best bet is to order that option and to give the Carling Black Label to someone you don't like.

Lots of pub chains seem to find that a good way to shift their Brakes/3663 curry ("authentic" beef madras for crying out loud) and cheap lager is in combination and I wonder how much luck people have in getting the lager substituted with something with enough flavour to take the taste of the freezer-to-microwave curry away? You may well say "don't eat the bloody stuff in the first place" but alas sometimes the company dictates the way it is going to be: forewarned is forearmed.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 15-06-2010 at 19:33.

Nick , Give it to that fat geezer at the end of the bar. I understand his names Arwkrite and the poor g*t is on his uppers. Good job he is not to fussy about his drink or his women.Or even his curry.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    In an establishment not unrelated to the renowned Boadicea you can get curry plus a pint of Carling Black Label for a quid less than having the curry by itself. Out of idle curiosity I asked what happens if you don't care for Carling Black Label and was advised that that was way it is, so your best bet is to order that option and to give the Carling Black Label to someone you don't like.

Lots of pub chains seem to find that a good way to shift their Brakes/3663 curry ("authentic" beef madras for crying out loud) and cheap lager is in combination and I wonder how much luck people have in getting the lager substituted with something with enough flavour to take the taste of the freezer-to-microwave curry away? You may well say "don't eat the bloody stuff in the first place" but alas sometimes the company dictates the way it is going to be: forewarned is forearmed.
    I have never had a Problem in Wetherspoons getting them too give me a Pint of guest Ale instead of the Ruddles on the few occasions Ive had a Vindaloo at one of there Thursday the Curry Nights.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I have never had a Problem in Wetherspoons getting them too give me a Pint of guest Ale instead of the Ruddles on the few occasions Ive had a Vindaloo at one of there Thursday the Curry Nights.
    I have always had guest ales at 'Spoons Curry Club with no problems. I have found Ale and Curry to be an excellent combination, far better than the Kingfishers etc that they do in the curry houses.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I have always had guest ales at 'Spoons Curry Club with no problems. I have found Ale and Curry to be an excellent combination, far better than the Kingfishers etc that they do in the curry houses.
    Quite so! And I've never had a problem getting a guest ale, but you do get charged a bit extra in some places if there is a big differential to the Ruddles price.