Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: London hotel

Default London hotel

First off I don't want to tempt fate and I have been putting this off resulting in short notice!

With the Villa possibly reaching the play off final (everything crossed at this stage!) I fancy staying over if we get there on the 26th May.

There are millions of hotels to choose from but I thought some of you may have some tips?

I will be with my 79 year old father so absolute shitholes are out, as are hostels, shared bathrooms etc...

Needs to be fairly close to a tube station. Breakfast is optional (can always go to spoons)

Can't be too expensive - this seems to be the main problem as its London. We don't really want to pay over £100, preferably under!

I am sure I will find somewhere but it never hurts to get some options.

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    First off I don't want to tempt fate and I have been putting this off resulting in short notice!

With the Villa possibly reaching the play off final (everything crossed at this stage!) I fancy staying over if we get there on the 26th May.

There are millions of hotels to choose from but I thought some of you may have some tips?

I will be with my 79 year old father so absolute shitholes are out, as are hostels, shared bathrooms etc...

Needs to be fairly close to a tube station. Breakfast is optional (can always go to spoons)

Can't be too expensive - this seems to be the main problem as its London. We don't really want to pay over £100, preferably under!

Cheers,

Del.
    London at the weekend, for under £100 and not a shithole? Dream on. Having said that you may need to get outside the throbbing metropolis a bit. Travelodges are usually decent and cheap for the area, the City Road one is currently advertising at £94 for one night 26th May, Docklands is £88 and Stratford at £85 although these keep changing with availability. There's also further north at Finchley, Enfield or Whetstone still with rooms for the 26th and near the tube.

Have a look on laterooms or trivago or booking.dot for a more focused number of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post

Cheers,

Del.

They built a Travelodge over Walthamstow Central Station a few years ago but I checked the price and it was £129. It's a very short journey to the Cross or Euston.
    The Victoria line is easily the best tube line in London.

Raised my budget a little and booked in at the Farringdon Travelodge for £119.
    Train booked and match ticket booked - all systems go.....
    Just some pub planning to do now...

I am a salmon !!