Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Can't attach an image

Default Can't attach an image

For some reason I can't seem to attach an image. What am I doing wrong?
    Any ideas?
    Del.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    For some reason I can't seem to attach an image. What am I doing wrong?
    Any ideas?
    Del.
    It might not be you it might be your browser blocking Flash, Firefox does that. Do you get a "no entry" symbol on the pub pictures page?
    If it's a pub picture does drag & drop work on the main pub page?
    If it's a forum post I get trouble with that off and on, no idea why .

It is when I try to insert an image into a forum post. I have now managed to attach a thumbnail.
    When I upload an image to insert it, it just shows a large question mark?

I am a salmon !!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Similar but unrelated picture issue. I posted a few pictures of a pair of pubs in Richmond just now that were taken from my phone as my camera battery died. Never posted phone pics before but they come out sideways or upside down, I cannot get them to orientate properly. Advice please or better can someone sort it please! Richmond Vaults and Tap Tavern.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Looks like they've been referred (due to orientation?) so hopefully Dave will sort them out. I used to be able to sort my pictures using GIMP (a free version of Photoshop) but no more however I find using the rotate in Windows Photo Viewer will work but you'll probably need to transfer them to laptop / PC first.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Looks like they've been referred (due to orientation?) so hopefully Dave will sort them out. I used to be able to sort my pictures using GIMP (a free version of Photoshop) but no more however I find using the rotate in Windows Photo Viewer will work but you'll probably need to transfer them to laptop / PC first.
    Thanks OB. Tried using a rotate tool but without success. Probably me.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Looks like they've been referred (due to orientation?) so hopefully Dave will sort them out.
    Yes. I had to refer them due to orientation as no tools are available to the dwarfs to adjust this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Similar but unrelated picture issue. I posted a few pictures of a pair of pubs in Richmond just now that were taken from my phone as my camera battery died. Never posted phone pics before but they come out sideways or upside down, I cannot get them to orientate properly. Advice please or better can someone sort it please! Richmond Vaults and Tap Tavern.
    I get this all the time, all my pics are all via my mobile, you just have to crop them slightly first and use the edited version to submit and they come out right way up.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 16-08-2018 at 20:45.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I get this all the time, all my pics are all via my mobile, you just have to crop them slightly first and use the edited version to submit and they come out right way up.
    In other software packages, you can just rotate the image and save rather than crop or adjust them in some other way.

However, you must be sure that the image is actually rotated, not just the view on the screen - you can always reopen the image file to double-check before uploading it.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I had a similar issue with pics from my phone. Assuming you have transferred them to your PC for upload, and they show the correct way round on there, open them up in MS Paint, re-save the image, then upload. Fixed it for me anyway!

I suspect that rather than being genuinely the correct way round, your phone tags them to show as to be rotated by 90 degrees. I'm suspecting Pubs Galore ignores that tag, so I found by opening in something simple like Paint it saves it the way round you expect without a rotation tag. I could be a bit off but I'm sure it has to be something like that.