Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAMRA members vote to approve change

This Space For Hire

Default CAMRA members vote to approve change

CAMRA members vote to approve change following largest consultation on 47 year history

https://wb.camra.org.uk/2018/04/21/c...-year-history/

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

CAMRA members vote to approve change following largest consultation on 47 year history

https://wb.camra.org.uk/2018/04/21/c...-year-history/
    Yet the crafties on Twitter are moaning.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

I've never understood why people feel the need to be so antagonistic. It's a membership organization, like say the WI or the Caravan Club. It doesn't wish anyone harm, it won't affect your life, you can safely ignore it completely and pretend it never existed. And in some cases I suspect you'll be a lot happier if you did. If you are in fact a member of it and it isn't fulfilling your needs or is making you unhappy it's easy, you can try to change things from the inside or you can find another hobby.

For some reason people get all fired up about beer, they take it as a personal affront that someone prefers a different type of beer to themselves, as if not drinking the same as you was some sort of insult. I remember being in the Three Pigeons in Halifax with RobCamra when some bloke drinking lager decided to tell us for some unknown reason what was wrong with “real ale”.

I have been at the Camra AGM and the level of misreporting about it is astounding, not surprising when attendees voted on what they thought the motions said rather than what they actually said, certainly a home for the weirder conspiracy theorists.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I remember being in the Three Pigeons in Halifax with RobCamra when some bloke drinking lager decided to tell us for some unknown reason what was wrong with “real ale”..
    Wow, I would like to have been at that meeting of minds..!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    For some reason people get all fired up about beer, they take it as a personal affront that someone prefers a different type of beer to themselves, as if not drinking the same as you was some sort of insult. I remember being in the Three Pigeons in Halifax with RobCamra when some bloke drinking lager decided to tell us for some unknown reason what was wrong with “real ale”.

I have been at the Camra AGM and the level of misreporting about it is astounding, not surprising when attendees voted on what they thought the motions said rather than what they actually said, certainly a home for the weirder conspiracy theorists.
    I once had a stranger tell me that Thwaites Wainwright was the best beer ever.
    I find it difficult to raise any enthusiasm for this subject. Why not have some choice keg beers at CAMRA beer festivals? I don't remember people complaining about Foreign beer stands which are now a part of most festivals and the stuff they sell isn't my idea of "Real Ale".
    I find the slavish devotion in some quarters to the old regional brewers annoying but not as much as those who proclaim that keg is the only way forwards. I'd like to hear them say that after a PINT of Brains Barry Island IPA!

This Space For Hire

I am disappointed with the vote but had predicted it.Looked at two Camra fest lists this week in London and both with the exception of about 4 breweries were made up of beers that would have been on the lists 10 years ago.Even if they allowed keg they would have probably went for the stuff that the regional breweries are producing.Keg beer is a style of dispense so Brains beer-shit in -shit out.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

I'd rather see him continue the great work he's done at the brewery than waste his time with that!

A small example of the mis-reporting is in this article, Colin Valentine did not say anything about "my fellow Directors and I" simply because he stepped down as chairman around 12:40 on Sunday, he constantly referred to them as "soon to be ex-collegues" and similar phases.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I am disappointed with the vote but had predicted it.Looked at two Camra fest lists this week in London and both with the exception of about 4 breweries were made up of beers that would have been on the lists 10 years ago.Even if they allowed keg they would have probably went for the stuff that the regional breweries are producing.Keg beer is a style of dispense so Brains beer-shit in -shit out.
    What was disappointing for you? The results of the SRs or the results of the NE election?

All SRs except 6 were passed by big majorities and SR6 only failed by less than 3% to get the required (under The Companies Act 2006) majority, that's massive support for "Revitalisation". I think SR6 failed because it was just a little too wide ranging, maybe limiting it to just Beer (& Cider & Perry) drinkers might have passed and would have better reflected the survey results.

The result of the NE election is just weird, Lynn Atack is a staunch Goldings and Fuggles only type of person but she came top. Speculation on Discourse is that she came top because the progressive vote was split over several candidates. Ash is young but fairly conservative and I think Gillian is fair traditional too.