Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: BrewDog

  1. #21
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Limehouse Cut
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    " revealed today it would start producing some of its classic beers in cask"
    https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/pres...wdog-blueprint
    First Cloudwater and now BrewDog.....these hipsters are now falling over themselves to get back into cask.

    Must be good news
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  2. #22
    This Space For Hire Pubsignman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Croydon and occasionally Dorset
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Brewdog are about to open the world's first alcohol-free bar. An interesting alternative to Dry-January.

    https://www.brewdog.com/blog/we-are-...-free-beer-bar

  3. #23
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Brewdog are about to open the world's first alcohol-free bar. An interesting alternative to Dry-January.

    https://www.brewdog.com/blog/we-are-...-free-beer-bar
    It's now on the site...

  4. #24
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    ..."the world's first alcohol-free bar"...
    ...but "first" only if they exclude all the temperence pubs that have existed for absolutely yonks, such as this one.
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #25
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It's now on the site...
    I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. Couldn't it be argued that it shouldn't be added to the site just as a coffee bar wouldn't?
    I think it should but I'm not sure why! I wonder if What Pub will add it as it would seem to be in my local branch.

  6. #26
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. Couldn't it be argued that it shouldn't be added to the site just as a coffee bar wouldn't?
    I think it should but I'm not sure why! I wonder if What Pub will add it as it would seem to be in my local branch.
    It sells beer (of a sort).

  7. #27
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It sells beer (of a sort).
    Where as Wills example doesn't and maybe shouldn't be on the site, you can drink your own beer on a park bench, though I don't suppose it would provide glasses and corkscrew.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  8. #28
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Brewdog are about to open the world's first alcohol-free bar. An interesting alternative to Dry-January.

    https://www.brewdog.com/blog/we-are-...-free-beer-bar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    ...but "first" only if they exclude all the temperence pubs that have existed for absolutely yonks, such as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Couldn't it be argued that it shouldn't be added to the site just as a coffee bar wouldn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It sells beer (of a sort).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Where as Wills example doesn't and maybe shouldn't be on the site...
    I think the Cross Keys is there as a warning and a piece of history as much as anything. (It used to be a pub, retains its publike name and looks exactly like a pub to this day; it's even got a grumpy landlord!)

    The new alcohol free bar is arguably more appropriate to this site than all the Cafes Rouge and Turtle Bays, to name but two examples.
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #29
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think the Cross Keys is there as a warning and a piece of history as much as anything. (It used to be a pub, retains its publike name and looks exactly like a pub to this day; it's even got a grumpy landlord!)
    I tend to agree, although any argument about this was before my time. I've never heard of this before.

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    The new alcohol free bar is arguably more appropriate to this site than all the Cafes Rouge and Turtle Bays, to name but two examples.
    Again, I agree but if there was a purge I'd probably vote for both to go. I know for sure this will never happen as there would never be any agreement reached on what should go!!

  10. #30
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. Couldn't it be argued that it shouldn't be added to the site just as a coffee bar wouldn't?
    I think it should but I'm not sure why! I wonder if What Pub will add it as it would seem to be in my local branch.
    I was having the same thoughts. You all know my stance on inclusion to the site. It sells beer and I can go in and buy one so for me it is OK. I would count it as a new pub visit so that is good enough for me!


    I am a salmon !!

Similar Threads

  1. brewdog pub
    By hondo in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 22:22
  2. Brewdog Birmingham
    By General Staal in forum Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 22:11
  3. BrewDog Shoreditch
    By hondo in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 15:56
  4. BrewDog
    By ETA in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-10-2011, 10:44
  5. Brewdog Tokyo
    By gillhalfpint in forum Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 12:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •