Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2018 crawl

Spritzer Swallower Cider Drinker's Avatar

Default Summer 2018 crawl

So where are we off to in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cider Drinker View Post
    So where are we off to in the summer?
    Well done for raising this so quickly as it seems to take ages for decisions to be made. I believe it's the turn of the Midlands to have this inflicted upon them. I'm going to make two suggestions from left field, Loughborough and Newcastle Under Lyme, A bus goes from Stoke Rail Station to Newcastle but is the only one required.
    The SVR is another left field suggestion already aired. I've never been on the line and would love to give it a go but for me there would be just too much waking to include pubs in Kidderminster, Bridgnorth and Bewdley. However, I've not been to either of the pubs at each of the line and for me "two pubs is a crawl". I would have thought that Bridgnorth is worthy of a full day.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Bridgnorth is well worth a day out but is a right pain in the backside to get to , the nearest main stations are Telford about 12 miles away and Wolverhampton about 14 miles away , the buses stop running around 5/530 ish to Telford/Wolvo , its better to do Bridgnorth as an overnighter .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Bridgnorth is well worth a day out but is a right pain in the backside to get to , the nearest main stations are Telford about 12 miles away and Wolverhampton about 14 miles away , the buses stop running around 5/530 ish to Telford/Wolvo , its better to do Bridgnorth as an overnighter .
    It's about 45 minutes from Wolverhampton bus station and the bus connects with the London train but you're probably right for people travelling from elsewhere.

Lichfield is good but not sure how it’s fixed for public transport. My last visit was a coach trip. There’s also Stamford ditto transport. Burton of course ticks all boxes but has anyone not been?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Lichfield is good but not sure how it’s fixed for public transport. My last visit was a coach trip. There’s also Stamford ditto transport. Burton of course ticks all boxes but has anyone not been?
    Lichfield City station is pretty central and has a new micropub around the corner.. The fact that it's only London Midland services apart from New Street may be a minus point. It's OK from London as you can get a cheap LM advance ticket on the 08:46 to Crewe.

New street to Lichfield takes about half an hour and is £6.40 return. Trains are regular - about every 10 - 20 minutes.
    I know because they go through Aston !

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    New street to Lichfield takes about half an hour and is £6.40 return. Trains are regular - about every 10 - 20 minutes.
    I know because they go through Aston !
    Lichfield Trent Valley is on the West Coast Main Line, and with a short hop on the Cross-City Line to Lichfield City that should open up more opportunities.

Spritzer Swallower Cider Drinker's Avatar

We are happy to go anywhere but can only do 15th or 16th June or 13th or 14th July as a last resort 6th July.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cider Drinker View Post
    We are happy to go anywhere but can only do 15th or 16th June or 13th or 14th July as a last resort 6th July.
    It maybe better to focus on the date at this stage,I could do June 15th or 16th but none of those dates in July
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson