Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
More than Newcastle-u-Lyme or Lichfield, on a rough count. I last did Lichfield in 2013 - eight pubs in just over two hours with my Luton mates before attending what I hope will turn out to be our last ever game at Tamworth (we held on for a 4-3 win after going 4-1 up with half an hour to play - I did wonder if the team had done their own pre-match pub crawl too). Too many Marstons pubs, though mostly very nice pubs. Now two micros and a "we're not really a micro", so a bit of variety and competition. Could be interesting. (Trains from Tamworth to Lichfield are frequent and it's a quick journey; Tamworth is fairly easy to get to from all parts of the country because of the lines crossing over. Hint: it can be cheaper to buy a ticket to Tamworth and then a separate day return from Tam to Lich City.)

Loughborough has over 40 pubs in the centre (Lichfield only 49 in the entire postal district). Downside: lots of student pubs.

I've only ever been to one pub in Newcastle-u-Lyme, so wouldn't mind seeing what else there is. Anyone want to make a case for it? Or Stamford?

Is Lincoln in the Midlands? And how about Norwich - fantastic city for pubs but almost as far east as Moscow.

How about a poll? (With closing date, say the end of next week so that people can get their train tickets sorted before they become too pricey.)
A poll would be good if someone can put one up.