Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: The Salmons Leap, Quedgeley

Default The Salmons Leap, Quedgeley

Hi there, The Salmons Leap closed last year and is now a Miller and Carter Steakhouse. They serve cocktails(!) Should this place still be listed on Pubs Galore?

The Salmons Leap & https://www.millerandcarter.co.uk/re...ter/drinksmenu

My personal view is that anywhere that serves a range of drinks; wine, cocktails, spirits and beer or cider in whatever form, and you can pop in just for a drink on the premises without buying a meal or renting a room or booking a table or suchlike, can and should be listed on here. I wouldn't list somewhere that only sold one type of drink (eg cocktails or wine) but would make an exception for somewhere selling beer or cider only.

It's difficult to see from their website what exactly this establishment is, they call it a restaurant but do sell bottled beers and ciders. So IMHO it all comes down to whither you can go in and just buy a bottle of beer or have to have a steak too. From the website it sort of looks like you must have a steak so I'd say chuck them out i.e all Miller & Carter outlets.

I've been to Quedgeley before so I wouldn't bother with anywhere round there let alone a "steakhouse"

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I've been to Quedgeley before so I wouldn't bother with anywhere round there let alone a "steakhouse"
    I've never been to Quedgeley but I wouldn't go to a steakhouse - being a vegetarian might have something to do with that!

However, I think it's a little premature to speak of deleting all Miller & Carter outlets. Apparently you can get a drink there without ordering food (see http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...2000#post92000), so I've changed the name of this pub and approved the weblink that you added. If someone visits this particular M&C and can't get a drink without ordering food, it would then be appropriate to show it as a closed pub, I reckon.
    Come On You Hatters!

In my opinion, far too many restaurants inhabit the listings on Pubs Galore these days. Perhaps you should change the name of the web site to Restaurants Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    In my opinion, far too many restaurants inhabit the listings on Pubs Galore these days. Perhaps you should change the name of the web site to Restaurants Galore!
    I know what you mean! I'm trying to concentrate on Camra's heritage pubs this year, but somehow found myself photographing a Toby Carvery in Widnes last weekend. And it was so cold I decided to go inside to see what beers were on offer. What a dreadful place! At least I had a good excuse for leaving straight away, as there was no real ale on.
    Come On You Hatters!