Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: King William IV Leyton

Default King William IV Leyton

Picked up on a rumour here, maybe Aqualung can shed some light?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Picked up on a rumour here, maybe Aqualung can shed some light?
    Yes it has been sold and the last day of trading as a Brodies pub is Wednesday. It's been sold to a company that is supplied by Camden brewery but NOT the global abomination, I can't remember the name of it. I haven't heard anything about it other than that but it has been stated that it will continue to sell Brodies beers. At some point I assume it will close for a refurb as it's a bit of a tip but don't know any more than that. The rumour that it's going to become a gastro-pub is completely far fetched unless you're someone that wrongly sees the E17 Bell as one! I haven't been there for quite a while for several reasons but the main ones being the installation of a projector screen in the quiet back bar and the playing of crap 80s music via a radio at a loud volume on a Saturday night. The slavish devotion to TV sport there really hacked me off and I wasn't alone.
    If it's still open I'll try and get in there next week.

The Hare and Hounds further down Lea Bridge Road has been taken over by the people who run the Dukes Head (aka Dukes) and the Dog and Duck both in E17. I thought the Dukes Head was rubbish, crap beer at rip off prices and have yet to get to the Dog and Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Yes it has been sold and the last day of trading as a Brodies pub is Wednesday. It's been sold to a company that is supplied by Camden brewery but NOT the global abomination, I can't remember the name of it. I haven't heard anything about it other than that but it has been stated that it will continue to sell Brodies beers. At some point I assume it will close for a refurb as it's a bit of a tip but don't know any more than that. The rumour that it's going to become a gastro-pub is completely far fetched unless you're someone that wrongly sees the E17 Bell as one! I haven't been there for quite a while for several reasons but the main ones being the installation of a projector screen in the quiet back bar and the playing of crap 80s music via a radio at a loud volume on a Saturday night. The slavish devotion to TV sport there really hacked me off and I wasn't alone.
    If it's still open I'll try and get in there next week.

The Hare and Hounds further down Lea Bridge Road has been taken over by the people who run the Dukes Head (aka Dukes) and the Dog and Duck both in E17. I thought the Dukes Head was rubbish, crap beer at rip off prices and have yet to get to the Dog and Duck.
    Obviously its not the pub it once was, a shame.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Obviously its not the pub it once was, a shame.
    But I would expect it will change into something better, although probably a lot more expensive. They don't need to remove the TV Sport completely, just restrict it to what a majority present actually want to watch. Also you can't reconcile a pub trying to promote food with a room full of football supporters yelling at a screen. The William tried doing food but it never took off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    But I would expect it will change into something better,
    Lets hope so, a bit of a trek across town for me, but would be worth it if the beer was good, an impressive building for a pub.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Been there 3 times and it was never busy.Also every time I had at least one beer that was undrinkable.Loved the shaped bar though.

This Space For Hire

Have heard it was sold for 4 million.I have also been under the impression that the owners of the brewery were not the owners of the pub.Maybe Auqalung knows more?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Also every time I had at least one beer that was undrinkable.
    I was there with other PuGers a few years ago when they refused to change a beer that was not just clearly off but actually rank. It wasn't mine, but I never felt the desire to go back again, for some reason.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Have heard it was sold for 4 million.I have also been under the impression that the owners of the brewery were not the owners of the pub.Maybe Auqalung knows more?
    The brewery was started by the owner's son and daughter James and Lizzie. I don't know if he owns or leases the two West End outlets. Lizzie left the brewery I think about the time that Brewdog Jonny joined the brewery. A few years back I spotted a Government internet page saying that Brodies Beers had been wound up due to unpaid debts to HRMC. The following year Brodies Fabulous Beers was set up. Bear in mind that around 2011-2012 before the keg fonts were installed they were selling the 12% Romanov Stout for £1.99!!
    The cask beer quality was always variable. I'm not sure that the cellar ever worked properly and am fairly certain that there was no line cooling systems.

Default Still no real news

I've not heard anything about an opening date. I understand that they will serve Brodie's beers when it opens again but that will be under review. I'm not really holding my breath on this.