Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Idle promotion of Ed

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default Idle promotion of Ed

New blog post, so if you fancy going over there and telling him that you wouldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX for his Peroni, now is the time to do it.

Yes and pray tell how many pennies remain from a fiver after purchase of the said pint of Peroni.......................

I've always found draught Peroni to be flat and good for a morning headache.... Whether it's the lager or the empty wallet I don't know.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

You do wonder why Peroni is trendy here. I always remember it as the warm sour piss they sold (and probably still do sell) on Italian trains.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I am gathering that by Eds definition we are beer snobs, I really can't remember what Peroni tastes like, I think I have had it bottled a couple of times when out at an Italian. Hoegaarden on the other hand was one of the most vile concoctions I have foolishly ordered at a pub.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hoegaarden on the other hand was one of the most vile concoctions I have foolishly ordered at a pub.
    Now you see I quite like Hoegaarden, although admittedly a half to sip is usually enough for me (and the wallet !).
    Peroni is vastly overrated in my humble opinion. £3.75 a pint in my local to drink ice cold tasteless fizzy water from a vase ! No thank you.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    Now you see I quite like Hoegaarden, although admittedly a half to sip is usually enough for me (and the wallet !).
    Peroni is vastly overrated in my humble opinion. £3.75 a pint in my local to drink ice cold tasteless fizzy water from a vase ! No thank you.
    I was attracted by the overly ornate pump, and repulsed by the taste , Fosters it ain't.

I like Hoegaarden, with a slice of lemon floating about. Not something I regularly drink cause its pricey.It does have a distinctive taste which I admit may not appeal to everyone.
    Peroni has a nice bottle and little else for what you pay.I do not drink out of bottles or collect them so Peroni is off my list.
    I drink plenty of cheap French or Belgian bottled beer. Like the price, like the taste but find a lot of these designer beers short on taste and long on the wallet. Then again, these days I am a subsistence drinker always looking for a bargain.

Gotta Go, the barperson has just given my bottle of Bollinger to some oik and I aint having that !.