Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Off Licences

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I have always thought it was a British term.In America they are allowed to sell draught beer to take away but the container is called a growler. That name has not really caught on in Britain as much as the shops try.Bottle Shops refer to taking draught beer away in a bottle rather than buying a bottle from the Offie.I could possibly be taking utter bollocks but that my theory and i am sticking to it.
    The term Growler is in use over here but not extensively. There is a Tap and Growler micropub in the Eastwood area of Nottingham.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    It's an Outdoor in Brum.
    Its a carry oot in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The term Growler is in use over here but not extensively. There is a Tap and Growler micropub in the Eastwood area of Nottingham.
    This pub used to do them when it first opened and made a big thing of it but it seems to have gone the way of all flesh. Brass Castle brewery tap offer "Crowlers" which is a tin the draught beer of your choice escapade, see here.
    Last edited by oldboots; 04-02-2018 at 08:52.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

There was an extraordinary beer-canning machine here Cardigan Arms where you can buy a 2-pint carry out which they pull into a lidless can then seal a ring-pull lid onto it on a large machine on one corner of the bar. We had to buy two to get the second on video! (I don't have it, sorry). We opened one can on the train home and, tbh, it didn't seem anything like 2 pints to me.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Offies oops sorry bottle shops are popping up all over London but not all have a licence to drink on premises.There is one in Kingston called 5000 Beers (they only have about a 100 who can only sell you 100mm tasters 4 for £4.50 but have heard that they are now selling larger measures if you buy a plate of cheese.I have not added it to this site.
    The one in Kingston I mentioned is called not 5000 Beers but 7000 Jars still only about 100 beers and no jars .