Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAMRA Revitalisation Project

Hybrid View

Exclamation CAMRA Revitalisation Project

" if its members approve recommendations put before them in April"
    http://www.camra.org.uk/press-releas...press-releases
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Much more detail here

A fair of amount of cat among the pigeons type stuff, some will leave if some of it is adopted, some will leave if some of it's not. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Should be fun.
    As should some of the regional meetings beforehand...

Much more detail here

A fair of amount of cat among the pigeons type stuff, some will leave if some of it is adopted, some will leave if some of it's not. Should be fun.
    I can't leave as I'm a life member! I would probably have not renewed my subscription over the missing What's Brewing issue which strikes me as being a breach of contract.
    I find some of the arguments on the extreme sides of the craft vs cask argument totally ridiculous as is the very strict definition of "Real" cider from the cider brigade. I've never been to a CAMRA AGM as I've never had enough smelling salts available to keep me awake.

I'm bored of it already. However, the website is massively skewed as to be a piece of propaganda. Which isn't the best way to sway votes, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    ... the website is massively skewed as to be a piece of propaganda. Which isn't the best way to sway votes, IMHO.
    Couldn't agree more. The answers to FAQs are all just a summary of NE policy positions. Reading them, I keep on expecting to see "on the other hand", but it somehow never appears.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I'm bored of it already. However, the website is massively skewed as to be a piece of propaganda. Which isn't the best way to sway votes, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The answers to FAQs are all just a summary of NE policy positions. Reading them, I keep on expecting to see "on the other hand", but it somehow never appears.
    Surely the "on the other hand" or alternative is the status quo? If the Resolutions don't get the 70% yes vote, and it's not just open to the votes of the beards in the room but every member who can be arsed, then the current situation stays in place for good or ill. It also depends on what motions the beards in the room are able to put up against the Resolutions and if the NE decide to over-rule them like they did with the Resolution motion.

Plenty of nonsense about it all on the Discourse site, about 250 posts on two threads so far, makes a change from sexism I suppose.

Surely the "on the other hand" or alternative is the status quo? If the Resolutions don't get the 70% yes vote, and it's not just open to the votes of the beards in the room but every member who can be arsed, then the current situation stays in place for good or ill.
    Quite...

Surely the "on the other hand" or alternative is the status quo? If the Resolutions don't get the 70% yes vote, and it's not just open to the votes of the beards in the room but every member who can be arsed, then the current situation stays in place for good or ill.
    Sure, I get that. My point was that the "answers" to the FAQs were simply putting forward the argument for supporting the changes. Where's the argument for not making any changes?
    Come On You Hatters!

Pub Curmudgeon has some interesting words on the need for revitalisation on his blog http://pubcurmudgeon.blogspot.co.uk/...old-casks.html , he will be analysing it in depth when the special resolutions are published. There is also a bit here although it repeats the MA errors about what has been proposed.