Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: "Suppressed" photos appearing on the pub summary page

Default "Suppressed" photos appearing on the pub summary page

I think this glitch has been discussed before, but I can't find the appropriate thread and I can't remember Dave coming back with a solution, so I'm reporting it again. (See The Dog Beck (JD Wetherspoon) for an example.)

Background: photographers can "suppress" their own photos (i.e. prevent them from appearing on the pub summary page, though the photo remains in the archive and can be seen on the pub pictures page) and admin users can do the same to photos submitted by other users. This is used for internal shots (such as furniture, beer pumps, food or photos predominantly of people) and generally for photos that don't reflect well on the pub or the site (such as external shots taken at night, or of the view from the pub, or through the muddy window of a passing omnibus).

The glitch seems to occur when a photo is "suppressed" but still appears on the pub summary page and instead is no longer visible on the pub pictures page. In the example above, the photo of the bar counter submitted by David Myles on 19th October 2014 has presumably been "suppressed" along with two other internal shots by the same user on the same date. However, this photo still appears on the front page but cannot be seen among the other photos on the back page.

Hope this explanation is sufficient for Dave to find and correct the glitch. Apologies to anyone who found the explanation tedious.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think this glitch has been discussed before, but I can't find the appropriate thread and I can't remember Dave coming back with a solution, so I'm reporting it again. (See The Dog Beck (JD Wetherspoon) for an example.)

Background: photographers can "suppress" their own photos (i.e. prevent them from appearing on the pub summary page, though the photo remains in the archive and can be seen on the pub pictures page) and admin users can do the same to photos submitted by other users. This is used for internal shots (such as furniture, beer pumps, food or photos predominantly of people) and generally for photos that don't reflect well on the pub or the site (such as external shots taken at night, or of the view from the pub, or through the muddy window of a passing omnibus).

The glitch seems to occur when a photo is "suppressed" but still appears on the pub summary page and instead is no longer visible on the pub pictures page. In the example above, the photo of the bar counter submitted by David Myles on 19th October 2014 has presumably been "suppressed" along with two other internal shots by the same user on the same date. However, this photo still appears on the front page but cannot be seen among the other photos on the back page.

Hope this explanation is sufficient for Dave to find and correct the glitch. Apologies to anyone who found the explanation tedious.
    I looked at this and did many refreshes on the front page. I got the Myles shot of the bar from October 2014 appearing but no other internal ones

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I looked at this and did many refreshes on the front page. I got the Myles shot of the bar from October 2014 appearing but no other internal ones
    Yes, that confirms what I suspected: the glitch is intermittent. If it applied uniformly then I suppose all attempted suppressions would result in the photo still appearing on the front page but disappearing from the pictures page. So, probably not caused by a coding error - more likely a real gremlin in the works.
    Come On You Hatters!