Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub visits 2018

Teetotal

21 this year so far and a Visited Pubs List standing at 1,540. However that list goes right back as far as I have records, and most of these I haven't reviewed - used to review on bite as Beeronaut and then Rainlight - must start reviewing here.

Quote Originally Posted by chramies View Post
    21 this year so far and a Visited Pubs List standing at 1,540. However that list goes right back as far as I have records, and most of these I haven't reviewed - used to review on bite as Beeronaut and then Rainlight - must start reviewing here.
    Go for it, I take it you have given up on BITE like most on here?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Teetotal

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Go for it, I take it you have given up on BITE like most on here?
    I think so, rather be in on a site that is properly moderated and being updated - BITE what with not being able to log in at all for a while and before that all the spam, didn't make it a site I wanted to use much more.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Welcome to Pubsgalore,look forward to seeing your reviews in the future.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I think so, rather be in on a site that is properly moderated and being updated - BITE what with not being able to log in at all for a while and before that all the spam, didn't make it a site I wanted to use much more.
    The main reasons I defected, as well as the fact there was no moderation of idiots like ArsenalFan36...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    The main reasons I defected, as well as the fact there was no moderation of idiots like ArsenalFan36...

I liked ArsenalFan36, does that make me an idiot? (No don't answer that!!).

My March total (and probably the year's one) is in tatters. I went to North Wales at the very end of February and have four reviews to write up from Machynlleth but nothing else. On March 1st I went to the JDW in Pwllheli to find Big Bog Quagmire with a St Davids Day discount which with a 50p voucher made it £1.56 a pint until a staff member realised I was getting a double discount so moved onto the Black Dragon Cider.
    When I returned to Llanbedr station which is in a very exposed location on a small stretch of marshland an Easterly gale was blowing the strength of which I've only seen the likes of around the summit of Snowdon. The next day after several and on-going power cuts it transpired that nothing was running due to fallen trees. In the upper part of Llanbedr a man had a cardiac arrest but an ambulance couldn't get through to save him because of five fallen trees.
    I spent the entire Friday in the Ty Mawr where the Butty Bach was in good form although not a favourite and also enjoyed an early Great Orme Snowdon Lager.
    On Saturday there were no trains running and found myself going down with a bout of cellulitis (it's a nasty virus in the blood) in my right leg which I could do nothing about and it meant the Butty Bach the day before was and still is my last alcoholic drink.
    I got back to London on the Sunday via the only train and Crewe to find that oral antibiotics were not enough so had a two week spell in hospital receiving administered into my veins. I'm out now and on oral antibiotics but at the moment don't feel like a drink at all.

So, once I add the 4 Mach reviews my total for the year is 50. I may get to some new London pubs over Easter, it depends how I feel. I certainly won't be missing out on Devon next month, Northern Ireland or the two new Norfolk JDWs which will see the UK complete for me.

7 new in Brighton yesterday brings me to 38 to date.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    On Saturday there were no trains running and found myself going down with a bout of cellulitis (it's a nasty virus in the blood) in my right leg which I could do nothing about and it meant the Butty Bach the day before was and still is my last alcoholic drink.
    I got back to London on the Sunday via the only train and Crewe to find that oral antibiotics were not enough so had a two week spell in hospital receiving administered into my veins. I'm out now and on oral antibiotics but at the moment don't feel like a drink at all.

Doesn't sound nice, glad your on the mend.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Doesn't sound nice, glad your on the mend.
    Thanks, it sums the seriousness of it up that I still don't feel like a drink, despite the availability of Elvis Juice or Proper Black.
    I was supposed to be in Liverpool today.