Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Heritage Pubs

Default Heritage Pubs

I think I may have mentioned Camra's Real Heritage Pubs of the North West when we were on November's crawl of Stockport. This excellent publication has been joined on my bookshelf, on my desk and in my rucksack by the equivalents for Yorkshire and for the Midlands.

Now there is a similar list of heritage pubs in Sheffield, which is currently available as a free download. (Apparently there are plans to produce a hard copy, but I think it needs a lot of editing before it's ready for that.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think I may have mentioned Camra's Real Heritage Pubs of the North West when we were on November's crawl of Stockport. This excellent publication has been joined on my bookshelf, on my desk and in my rucksack by the equivalents for Yorkshire and for the Midlands.

Now there is a similar list of heritage pubs in Sheffield, which is currently available as a free download. (Apparently there are plans to produce a hard copy, but I think it needs a lot of editing before it's ready for that.)
    There are also excellent books for Wales and Scotland, and of course the 2nd Edition of the National publication, plus an early inventory for East Anglia with much lower production values.

I hadn't heard that the Sheffield publication might be published in hard copy. It would be great if it was to happen. The author told me that one advantage of producing it online is that it avoids the space restrictions imposed on a hard copy. It would need some pruning before publishing in hard copy, and CAMRA is strapped for cash at the moment.

The London Heritage Pubs book produced by Geoff Brandwood and Jane Jephcote back in 2008 is now well out of date, but a list is maintained on the London Pubs Group website. This list has links (in most cases) to further information about the pubs, and also includes Local Inventory pubs (as does the Sheffield publication).