Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Password reset issue

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I have summoned Dave by my magical powers and he should have PM'd you, Blackthorn.
    Your magic powers are amazing Quinno, thanks very much. I have indeed received a PM from Dave and will try his suggestion tonight when I get home.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Your magic powers are amazing Quinno, thanks very much. I have indeed received a PM from Dave and will try his suggestion tonight when I get home.

Thanks again.
    Did it work?

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Did it work?
    Yes, although in a slightly roundabout way. But I’ve got my password now which is the main thing. It seems that most, if not all, of the problems were caused by Microsoft supriously rejecting e-mails to it’s services (live, hotmail, etc) rather than any issues here.

As a first fix Dave changed the confirmation panel that you get after clicking on the link in the first email so that it displays your password and you thus don’t need the second email which was the one that I never received. After he did this though I wasn’t even getting the first email! So he then put the link that would have been in the first email in a PM to me. Clicked on that, password displayed, sorted.

Still not receiving hardly any emails from here, but if that’s a Microsoft issue then understandably not much Dave can do. I’ve got an old gmail email address somewhere, I’ll try updating my profile with that at some point.

Thanks everyone for your help on this. Very pleased to have it sorted at last.
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 06-01-2018 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Yes, although in a slightly roundabout way. But I’ve got my password now which is the main thing. It seems that most, if not all, of the problems were caused by Microsoft supriously rejecting e-mails to it’s services (live, hotmail, etc) rather than any issues here.

As a first fix Dave changed the confirmation panel that you get after clicking on the link in the first email so that it displays your password and you thus don’t need the second email which was the one that I never received. After he did this though I wasn’t even getting the first email! So he then put the link that would have been in the first email in a PM to me. Clicked on that, password displayed, sorted.

Still not receiving hardly any emails from here, but if that’s a Microsoft issue then understandably not much Dave can do. I’ve got an old gmail email address somewhere, I’ll try updating my profile with that at some point.

Thanks everyone for your help on this. Very pleased to have it sorted at last.
    Don't understand much of the technical stuff there, but all's well that ends well.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields