Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Password reset issue

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Hi Will. Any news on this? I'm starting to get a backlog of reviews to post.
    Sorry, I didn't get a response from Dave to my personal message. This is not unusual. I don't have any other means of contacting him.
    Come On You Hatters!

Any news on this? I'm starting to get a backlog of reviews to post.
    I must be missing something, but I notice that you continue to be able to post new photographs under the 'Blackthorn _' username so doesn't that mean you are logged into the main site?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I must be missing something, but I notice that you continue to be able to post new photographs under the 'Blackthorn _' username so doesn't that mean you are logged into the main site?
    See posts #3 and #7 in this thread.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Yes, I post photos from my phone where I stay logged in without needing to enter a password. Not really practical to type up long reviews on my phone though.

I'll stay on me own

Well, it looks as though I have finally got a workaround for this problem. I've tried everything I could think of - obviously using what I thought was my password, requesting a password reset on countless occasions, posting here, using the Contact Us option, using e-mail address to sign in instead of user ID, using an old e-mail address as I changed it a few months ago, using the sign-in with Facebook button (got a Facebook authentication error), PM'ing Dave, SH PM'ing Dave, exporting cookies from an old PC where I stayed logged in and re-importing here and probably some other stuff as well that I've forgotten.

Eventually dug out another old PC where I was also logged in without entering a password. Couldn't find a way to export cookies from Microsoft Edge, but took the Edge option to open the page in IE and exported from there. That creates a txt file (the only option) which I can't import in to Edge on my new PC as it will only process html files. Again, took the option from Edge to open page in IE and imported my txt cookies file from there. So, it now seems as long as I use IE on my new PC I'm sorted.

I have to say the complete lack of help from the admin's on this site is very disappointing. I'm still not really sorted, I don't know what my password is and I'm bound to run in to this problem again at some point. I came over here from BITE as I was so fed up with the lack of any admin/approvals there, but it seems like this site has gone the same way. Perhaps I ought to just stick to Trip Advisor where I already review hotels and restaurants.

Well, it looks as though I have finally got a workaround for this problem. I've tried everything I could think of - obviously using what I thought was my password, requesting a password reset on countless occasions, posting here, using the Contact Us option, using e-mail address to sign in instead of user ID, using an old e-mail address as I changed it a few months ago, using the sign-in with Facebook button (got a Facebook authentication error), PM'ing Dave, SH PM'ing Dave, exporting cookies from an old PC where I stayed logged in and re-importing here and probably some other stuff as well that I've forgotten.

Eventually dug out another old PC where I was also logged in without entering a password. Couldn't find a way to export cookies from Microsoft Edge, but took the Edge option to open the page in IE and exported from there. That creates a txt file (the only option) which I can't import in to Edge on my new PC as it will only process html files. Again, took the option from Edge to open page in IE and imported my txt cookies file from there. So, it now seems as long as I use IE on my new PC I'm sorted.

I have to say the complete lack of help from the admin's on this site is very disappointing. I'm still not really sorted, I don't know what my password is and I'm bound to run in to this problem again at some point. I came over here from BITE as I was so fed up with the lack of any admin/approvals there, but it seems like this site has gone the same way. Perhaps I ought to just stick to Trip Advisor where I already review hotels and restaurants.
    I have to say I am a little surprised by the lack of response/action to your requests.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I have to say the complete lack of help from the admin's on this site is very disappointing.
    I'm disappointed as well, but unfortunately I and the other people with (very limited) admin roles were not in a position to help due to the (very limited) nature of the access we have. As mentioned before, the only way I and the other Seven Dwarfs have of contacting Snow White is by a personal message on the forum. This is clearly not a satisfactory situation.

I'm sorry you've had such a frustrating time and I'm glad that you've managed some sort of a work around.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'm disappointed as well, but unfortunately I and the other people with (very limited) admin roles were not in a position to help due to the (very limited) nature of the access we have. As mentioned before, the only way I and the other Seven Dwarfs have of contacting Snow White is by a personal message on the forum. This is clearly not a satisfactory situation.

I'm sorry you've had such a frustrating time and I'm glad that you've managed some sort of a work around.
    Hi Will

Please don’t think this was directed at you. I appreciate you only have limited admin capabilities and I am grateful for the help that you gave me in trying to get this sorted.
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 02-01-2018 at 08:32.

I have summoned Dave by my magical powers and he should have PM'd you, Blackthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I have summoned Dave by my magical powers
    Bloody favouritism, you mean.
    Come On You Hatters!