Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Password reset issue

I'll stay on me own

Default Password reset issue

For some reason my password seems to have changed on the main site, or at least, it’s not what I thought it was. It’s not a problem most of the time as my password is remembered and so I don’t actually have to enter it to log on. Anyway, with a new PC I thought it was time that I got it reset.

When I enter an invalid password I get a message with a link in it to a reset page. Entering my e-mail address there results in me being sent an e-mail with another link in it. Clicking on that should result in a second e-mail with my new password. When I click on that link I go to a web page where it confirms that I will receive a second e-mail, but I never do. I’ve tried a couple of times now, and get the first one but not the second. And no, it’s not in my junk folder.

Any ideas what can be done to fix this?

This Space For Hire

My passwords have had an issue for years and the password for the forum is actually the password for main site even though I've never changed it. Have you tried alternative password to log in to main site?

I'll stay on me own

Yes, tried a few different passwords. Don’t want to try too many in case it locks me out and I can’t even use those diminishing number of devices where I stay logged in. It’s odd as I’m sure I’ve never changed it. I’m not sure if those devices where I don’t need to log in actually keep me logged in (so a password is not required) or whether they remember the password. Doesn’t really make any sense if it’s the latter.

Don’t know if it was related to a change of email address, but I don’t know why it should be since you sign in with a username, not an email address. But ever since I’ve changed it, the number of notifications I get seems very sporadic. None about Al’s recent updates to Bristol pubs for example.

I’ll use the Contact Us option if nobody here has any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Don’t know if it was related to a change of email address, but I don’t know why it should be since you sign in with a username, not an email address. But ever since I’ve changed it, the number of notifications I get seems very sporadic. None about Al’s recent updates to Bristol pubs for example.

I’ll use the Contact Us option if nobody here has any suggestions.
    I sign on to the main site with my email address, but with my user name on the forum.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I sign on to the main site with my email address, but with my user name on the forum.
    And you can use the same password for both, but if you update one it won't automatically update the other,

I'll stay on me own

Well, I never you could do that! But I've tried and still no good. Perhaps if my password was working it would have.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    And you can use the same password for both, but if you update one it won't automatically update the other,
    Yes, I was using the same password on both. Still works on the forum but not the main site.

I've used the Contact Us option now, so hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

I'll stay on me own

This is getting very frustrating. It seems that the “Contact Us” option doesn’t work any better than the password reset option. It said that I would hear something within five working days which would have been Monday and it’s now Friday. Realistically I’m not going to be doing many more reviews until this is sorted. It’s not practical to do them all at work or on my phone which is the only options I have.

Is this something that Dave needs to look at? Can anyone give him a nudge?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Is this something that Dave needs to look at? Can anyone give him a nudge?
    I've sent him a personal message. Hope it gets sorted soon.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Many thanks

I'll stay on me own

Hi Will. Any news on this? I'm starting to get a backlog of reviews to post.