Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beer battered fish - can anyone tell?

No not uncomfy at all. Little Bull on Teall St. The last time i met Kev, about 5 years ago, he was still involved with CAMRA and i think he was doing a bit of work at Fernandes. The more i think about it the other lad was called Darren not Duncan. Kev tends sticks in the mind, Max Wall haircut, very loud and you knew were you stood with him which is not a bad attribute IMO. Top lads.

Good thread this! Not too sure about the beer in the batter mix: my culinary skills don't extend this far.Good fish'n' chips is something to be proud of:my all time favourite must be the chippie in Southwold. My fuddled memory says that it was close to the church and or Adnams Brewery, however this was about 37 years ago, and I remember that we couldn't find it when we were last in the 'Wold a couple of years back. More realistically, my best F& C in a pub must be from the Britannia at Dungeness: proper fish, decent Sheps and the unearthly hum from the HT cables all around.
    They're not bad from a van on occasion-we particularily commend the van that makes its way up Swaledale on a Friday night, especially as it means we can sit waiting in the poor old Punchbowl: it really winds up the miserable buggers who run it when the pub leaves en mass to collect their grub. Wonderful.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    No not uncomfy at all. Little Bull on Teall St. The last time i met Kev, about 5 years ago, he was still involved with CAMRA and i think he was doing a bit of work at Fernandes. The more i think about it the other lad was called Darren not Duncan. Kev tends sticks in the mind, Max Wall haircut, very loud and you knew were you stood with him which is not a bad attribute IMO. Top lads.
    Sorry 'Crosste', never darkened your door. If I'm honest I can't even remember the name from the GBG at the time. Don't know Darren, but am on nodding terms with Kev G. He looks even more like Rasputin these days! Has an encyclopaedic knowledge of beer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    They're not bad from a van on occasion-we particularily commend the van that makes its way up Swaledale on a Friday night, especially as it means we can sit waiting in the poor old Punchbowl: it really winds up the miserable buggers who run it when the pub leaves en mass to collect their grub. Wonderful.
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten you're as big a fan of the Punchbowl as I am. I'd love to see the mass exit.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.