Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Marketing dream or nightmare?

Default Marketing dream or nightmare?

After craft IPA matured in single malt whisky casks, now a single malt whisky aged in craft IPA casks... the Glenfiddich IPA experiment

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    After craft IPA matured in single malt whisky casks, now a single malt whisky aged in craft IPA casks... the Glenfiddich IPA experiment
    Hmm-hoppy malt whisky? Rather have a hoppy beer meself, and wake up without a thick head next morning.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    NOOOO, Innis & Gunn do this the other way round and that's pish. Glenfiddich isn't the best whisky in Dufftown never mind Speyside or further afield. The limit is to wash your empty whisky glass round with a drop of beer when enjoying a "hauf n hauf".

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    NOOOO, Innis & Gunn do this the other way round and that's pish. Glenfiddich isn't the best whisky in Dufftown never mind Speyside or further afield. The limit is to wash your empty whisky glass round with a drop of beer when enjoying a "hauf n hauf".

When I went to Glencoe in 1971 there was a hairy monster called Ian MacDonald behind the bar of the Clachaig who said the best cooking scotch was Famous Grouse and the best reasonably priced malt was Glenmorange. Has that changed? I'm no spirit drinker and probably like rum best, especially when suffering a cold and taken with lemon juice, honey and a small amount of hot water (obviously in a pint glass).

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    When I went to Glencoe in 1971 there was a hairy monster called Ian MacDonald behind the bar of the Clachaig who said the best cooking scotch was Famous Grouse and the best reasonably priced malt was Glenmorange. Has that changed?
    No that's my understanding as a whisky drinker, I believe FG is still the best selling blended and Glen M still the best selling single malt in Scotland.

Meanwhile, on the subject of Innis & Gunn https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...ed-beer-claims

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

Meanwhile, on the subject of Innis & Gunn https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...ed-beer-claims
    As a lapsed cidermaker, that sounds like a waste of good barrels.Like hens teeth nowdays.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.