Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Brighton Spring 2018

  1. #111
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,420

    Default

    Alas I won't be able to make it - hectic day at work in the offing but the bonus is that they're then paying me to go to Hull for a conference next week so I am going up on Saturday for a few ticks before thing starts on Monday!

    Enjoy Brighton y'all.

  2. #112
    I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mainly Sussex but I like to move about
    Posts
    455

    Default

    In the unlikely event of Network Rail and Southern/Thameslink being able to run a reliable train service on the day, I'd hope to catch you in the Prince Albert just before 6:00. I can keep tabs on any postings as the day progresses.

    Anybody who fancies a few souvenirs, or one or two for the train home, might like to call in on Trafalgar Wines on the way up Trafalgar Street. You won't all fit in at once, and anybody unsteady on their feet is advised to give it a miss as it's really not a large place. Trafalgar Wines is, though, a great craft beer off-licence, with a huge range, right across the price range.
    Last edited by PaulOfHorsham; 21-03-2018 at 21:53.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 30 years

  3. #113
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    In the unlikely event of Network Rail and Southern/Thameslink being able to run a reliable train service on the day, I'd hope to catch you in the Prince Albert just before 6:00. I can keep tabs on any postings as the day progresses.
    Looking at the proposed timings and going by the fact that not many people have expressed the need to leave particularly early I wouldn't be surprised if we are just leaving the Admiral at around 6. Do you have any contact details to check where we are if there are no postings on here?

  4. #114
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Looking at the proposed timings and going by the fact that not many people have expressed the need to leave particularly early I wouldn't be surprised if we are just leaving the Admiral at around 6.
    I'd expect a bit of slippage in those timings, but nearly two hours late leaving the Admiral is just, well, it's decadent, that's what it is.
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #115
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'd expect a bit of slippage in those timings, but nearly two hours late leaving the Admiral is just, well, it's decadent, that's what it is.
    If we decided to do 4 of the tapas as a group I think it could happen and yes that would be very decadent.

    Hope you have a good journey down. We're just about to head off and will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.

  6. #116
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    ... will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.
    I've got plans in the same direction tonight, though as I am boycotting 'Spoons you won't see me in the Cliftonville Inn. Maybe the Blind Busker though. I've sent you a PM.
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #117
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    487

    Default

    693AA2E6-C918-4BC7-9AC0-1DF79BA89928.jpeg. The advanced party has arrived
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  8. #118
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    If we decided to do 4 of the tapas as a group I think it could happen and yes that would be very decadent.

    Hope you have a good journey down. We're just about to head off and will likely be out in Hove tonight - planning to try out the The Watchmakers Arms and will probably have a quick one in Cliftonville Inn (JD Wetherspoon) if they have the festival rhubarb cider. Then meeting up with some people in The Blind Busker from about 7:30. If you are around Hove and fancy catching up let me know.
    Already bumped into Will.. we are staying along Brighton sea front this evening and then finishing with a couple in the back streets of Kempton near our digs. So see you all tomorrow
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  9. #119
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,871

    Default

    Beat me to it, my train was late and I made The Mitre for about 4:30, three out of four dark beers on can you believe it? Now up the hill in Hanover.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  10. #120
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,871

    Default

    Which spoons and what time?

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

Similar Threads

  1. Shut up about Barclay Perkins - Midwest USA early March 2018
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-11-2017, 21:27
  2. Barblog - Fortune of War Pub (Brighton Beach – Brighton)
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 17:31
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 17:31
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-09-2017, 17:33
  5. Premier League Fantasy Football Game 2017/2018
    By ROBCamra in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2017, 11:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •