Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men Brewing Badly

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Default Men Brewing Badly

That's right! It's 06:45 on Sunday morning & I'm on the bloody computer, so I think you can guess I've NOT been able to take advantage of the many beer festivals on offer this weekend. Grrr!

Anyway, just thought I'd ask if anyone caught the first episode of Men Brewing Badly (repeated today & tmw, itv4) with Morrissey (Neil, not 'The') & Fox, ostensibly making a journey across Africa to transport 'real English ale' (theirs) to our fans in South Africa, thus boosting supporters' morale & ultimately assisting England to win the World Cup. Erm, ok.
    It's a lightweight, easy watching travelogue & I think we can expect some predictable pitfalls to be tossed into the works en route, but would watching the series signify tacit forgiveness for the unspeakable stuff they did to Ye Olde Punchbowl?
    Last edited by trainman; 30-05-2010 at 06:07. Reason: well, it was 06:45 before I diverted for a brew (tea chaps, tea!)

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    That's right! It's 06:45 on Sunday morning & I'm on the bloody computer, so I think you can guess I've NOT been able to take advantage of the many beer festivals on offer this weekend. Grrr!
    I went to this festival yesterday, might go back today as well as it's a pub one and they'll still have "festival" beers on.

Attachment 282

fortunately it was not "Alkoholfrei"

would watching the series signify tacit forgiveness for the unspeakable stuff they did to Ye Olde Punchbowl?
    The Punchbowl has new people running it and, apart from the trendy makeover, isn't a bad pub nowadays. The people of Marton cum Grafton will probably never forgive FoxMorrisey but it won't stop me watching them making arses of themselves (again).... beats watching James May and Oz Clarke doing worse things in Burton on Trent. Their behaviour at Burton was genuinely unforgivable, like pi55ing in a church font.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    ... beats watching James May and Oz Clarke doing worse things in Burton on Trent. Their behaviour at Burton was genuinely unforgivable, like pi55ing in a church font.
    Must have missed that episode, what did they do?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Pete Brown explains it far better than I could - http://petebrown.blogspot.com/2009/0...nt-rather.html

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

This programme is being repeated on ITV4 tonight at 8pm, i.e. in about 10 minutes time.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Pete Brown explains it far better than I could ]
    Looks like Ratman & Bobin excelled themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    This programme is being repeated on ITV4 tonight at 8pm, i.e. in about 10 minutes time.
    Unfortunately, I was on my way to the Fernandes Tap when you posted, but thanks anyway.( I'm sure it'll be repeated again...and again...and again).
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I do not think I could travel 3000 miles in any form of transport with those pair. No hope of them being eaten by lions anytime soon I suppose ? Their irritating wittering got right up my nose.

Enjoyed the African chappies though.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Well, I've watched the 2nd episode and must admit I didn't understand the inference about only American lager until I saw tonight's news which mentioned that Fifa have banned the presence of any beer that isn't budweiser!!!!!!!!!!

How can they do that? It's tasteless piss, and surely breweries of the host continent must be allowed to make something out of the tournament? I now understand more fully the, admittedly farcical, premise of the (MBB) programme, and have to support it.

How can they do that? It's tasteless piss, and surely breweries of the host continent must be allowed to make something out of the tournament?
    Money, dear boy MONEY

money talks and principles walks

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Something to look forward to if we win the bid.