Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Log in problem

Default Log in problem

I recently logged into Pubs Galore when away from home. At least, I tried to but I think I must have entered my password incorrectly (it's "remembered" for me on my PC at home), and after a few frustrating attempts I ended up logging in using Facebook. This has had the perverse result that now when I'm on my PC at home I find that I've been automatically logged out and logged back in as "Anonymous user" via Facebook.

I don't know how or when this happens as I usually only notice it when I try to switch to the Forum, at which point I'm invited to migrate my details across, or some such. This morning I tried to load some photos and didn't notice at first that although they seemed to load correctly, they didn't actually arrive on the pub's photo page to await approval. It was then that I noticed I was now "Anonymous user" once more.

More concerning, perhaps, is the fact that I was able to edit a pub's name while still logged in as "Anonymous user". Have my admin rights been added to my Facebook log in? And how do I stop the surreptitious change from my usual log in to "Anonymous user"?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I recently logged into Pubs Galore when away from home. At least, I tried to but I think I must have entered my password incorrectly (it's "remembered" for me on my PC at home), and after a few frustrating attempts I ended up logging in using Facebook. This has had the perverse result that now when I'm on my PC at home I find that I've been automatically logged out and logged back in as "Anonymous user" via Facebook.

I don't know how or when this happens as I usually only notice it when I try to switch to the Forum, at which point I'm invited to migrate my details across, or some such. This morning I tried to load some photos and didn't notice at first that although they seemed to load correctly, they didn't actually arrive on the pub's photo page to await approval. It was then that I noticed I was now "Anonymous user" once more.

More concerning, perhaps, is the fact that I was able to edit a pub's name while still logged in as "Anonymous user". Have my admin rights been added to my Facebook log in? And how do I stop the surreptitious change from my usual log in to "Anonymous user"?
    Ahhhh yes.

This is definitely a bug. One I am acutely aware of myself.

The problem is that you can be logged in as your normal user and then Facebook automatically logs you in as a different user and you end up in a strange kind of scenario where you are two users at once.

I've tried to solve this a few times but always failed.

I'll have another look now and at least try to figure out a work around to stop it being annoying.

I think I have finally cracked it!

The logic behind it is really confusing, but now if you are logged in as a normal PG user it wont attempt to also log you in as a Facebook user.

I'm going to blame Conrad for being a little too clever on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I think I have finally cracked it!
    Nice one, Dave. Hope you haven't actually spent five hours on it, though! Well done, anyway - have a beer.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Nice one, Dave. Hope you haven't actually spent five hours on it, though! Well done, anyway - have a beer.
    It actually took about half of those five hours, the other half was spent visiting my local micropub to celebrate fixing it.