Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore consigned to the past ?

Default Pubs Galore consigned to the past ?

A comment on CAMRAS Discourse
    , on this thread.
    The basic problem is WhatPub was set up trying to rival PubsGalore and BeerInTheEvening while those sites themselves were being consigned to the past and their like left behind by the sites which use the public as their researchers.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A comment on CAMRAS Discourse
    , on this thread.
    The basic problem is WhatPub was set up trying to rival PubsGalore and BeerInTheEvening while those sites themselves were being consigned to the past and their like left behind by the sites which use the public as their researchers.
    I dont understand the CAMRA member's point,WhatPub is only available to CAMRA members,while the "public" can contribute to PubsGalore as long as they complete the free registration ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I wouldn't get too bothered about anything on Discourse, although better than the old CAMRA forum it's still the same parade of ignorance, and people banging on about their particular hobby horse - be that how good/bad Wetherspoons is, how out of touch/dictatorial the National Executive is, how people are deluded about keykeg/dinosaurs about cask, or snowflakes getting hot and bothered about some trivia or other.

It's normally either tedious tripe or enraging rubbish as generally only the usual suspects contribute, anyway just about no-one in CAMRA actually reads it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I dont understand the CAMRA member's point,WhatPub is only available to CAMRA members,while the "public" can contribute to PubsGalore as long as they complete the free registration ?
    WhatPub is available to the public to search and view without registration at https://whatpub.com/ . Normal (non-Camra) drinkers can update WhatPub via a feedback email link at the bottom of each pub's page:

"Seen some incorrect or missing details?
    Send an email to the CAMRA branch with your updates. "

Of course it depends on the branch being on the ball enough to action it.
    Last edited by oldboots; 22-11-2017 at 08:17.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    The sentence before says "If I want to look for pubs, I might look at WhatPub but I’m equally likely to look at Google reviews, trip advisor or Facebook."

I think he means people look there before they look at What Pub let alone Pubs Galore or Bite.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    The sentence before says "If I want to look for pubs, I might look at WhatPub but I’m equally likely to look at Google reviews, trip advisor or Facebook."

I think he means people look there before they look at What Pub let alone Pubs Galore or Bite.
    Fair point.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

It's normally either tedious tripe or enraging rubbish as generally only the usual suspects contribute, anyway just about no-one in CAMRA actually reads it.
    I dip in and out of it on occasion,as well as contribute, but you're right, its 95% in house nonsense.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Boring brown bitters describes the contributors to Camra forums.Moby is obviously not included in that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Boring brown bitters describes the contributors to Camra forums.Moby is obviously not included in that assessment.
    Can't stand the stuff.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    WhatPub is available to the public to search and view without registration at https://whatpub.com/ . Normal (non-Camra) drinkers can update WhatPub via a feedback email link at the bottom of each pub's page:

"Seen some incorrect or missing details?
    Send an email to the CAMRA branch with your updates. "

Of course it depends on the branch being on the ball enough to action it.
    Nailed. I tried and gave up; the same half a dozen circular arguments with the same band of swivel-eyes and keyboard warriors repeating the script. I do occasionally dip in to see if Alex Keenleyside (AKA Cooking Lager) has posted anything. He's an expert ego-pricker.