Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubco. mergers.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Default Pubco. mergers.

I see that Revolution Bars Group ,famed for it's Revolucion de Cuba brand have agreed to a cash offer from Stonegate Pub Group (Slug & Lettuce,Walkabout,Yates among other brands)

It wont tempt me over the threshold ,and at £101.5M it's not a huge deal,but the trend of consolidation continues in the crazy world of the Pubco's.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 24-08-2017 at 17:13.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

For their 11 bars, that's around £9M an outlet, which suggests they're hugeley profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    For their 11 bars, that's around £9M an outlet, which suggests they're hugeley profitable.
    I think Revolutions Bar Group had 66 outlets including the more mundane Revolutions bar concept ,but thats still an average of £1.5m each .

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

That's interesting.

Seems to me there is a Big Eight in the Pubco world after some recent transactions,figures from a quick trawl around wiki.

1. Stonegate -- 4500
    2. Greene King -- 2700
    3 Heineken ( Star ) -- 2350
    4. Mitchell & Butler -- 1800
    5. Admiral -- 1600
    6.Marstons -- 1400
    7 Punch (Fortress) -- 1300
    8. Wetherspoons -- 900

I make that a total of 16,550 pubs,34% of the market.

Is anyone aware of something I've missed ,or gross inaccuracy in these figures ?
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 16-12-2021 at 11:38. Reason: Fortress takeover of Punch estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's interesting.

Is anyone aware of something I've missed ,or gross inaccuracy in these figures ?
    It's not a gross inaccuracy but I can safely say now that JDW have 876 open outlets including the 5 in Eire and the 16 airport ones. This figure is definitely correct to plus or minus 5. It doesn't include any closed for refurbishment but will go down further as they still have ones to get rid of. It will be 877 tomorrow when they open that new micro in Ramsgate.
    Does the Stonegate figure include various ex JDW sites? Did I see something recently about them taking over a pub chain? I'm surprised the Punch figure is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It's not a gross inaccuracy but I can safely say now that JDW have 876 open outlets including the 5 in Eire and the 16 airport ones. This figure is definitely correct to plus or minus 5. It doesn't include any closed for refurbishment but will go down further as they still have ones to get rid of. It will be 877 tomorrow when they open that new micro in Ramsgate.
    Does the Stonegate figure include various ex JDW sites? Did I see something recently about them taking over a pub chain? I'm surprised the Punch figure is so low.
    The Stonegate figure includes their completed purchases from Wetherspoons and I also assumed their recently announced takeover of Revolutions would go through.The link from hondo above explains what has happened to Punch,and how their estate has been split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    The Stonegate figure includes their completed purchases from Wetherspoons and I also assumed their recently announced takeover of Revolutions would go through.The link from hondo above explains what has happened to Punch,and how their estate has been split up.
    So if Heineken are taking 1900 from Punch didn't they already have a sizeable estate? I've no idea what the figure is but they took over a load of Greenall outlets back in the 1990s. I assume they must still have some from Courage and S&N days.

So if Heineken are taking 1900 from Punch didn't they already have a sizeable estate? I've no idea what the figure is but they took over a load of Greenall outlets back in the 1990s. I assume they must still have some from Courage and S&N days.
    Good point,more research required !

Their pubco subsidiary already had 1,100 before the Punch takeover,so this will rise to 3,000 ,just behind GK.Table updated,thanks
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 28-08-2017 at 16:17.

JDW have 876 open outlets including the 5 in Eire and the 16 airport ones. It will be 877 tomorrow when they open that new micro in Ramsgate.
    Come On You Hatters!