Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The World cup chit chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Well, as prediction-board leader, I suppose we'll have to allow you to blow your own trumpet, for now...
    I think I'll be packing the vuvuzela away tomorrow...I've just seen that I'm the only person in our league who hasn't gone for an Argentina win. Watch me plummet!

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

This is painful, 70 mins gone and still 0-0, surely we must be able to beat Algeria
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Well that was two hours of my life that I wouldn't want to live again. Pretty poor show from the England boys. Slovenia is now a must win game but I'm not holding out much hope.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Well that was two hours of my life that I wouldn't want to live again. Pretty poor show from the England boys. Slovenia is now a must win game but I'm not holding out much hope.
    I can't remember the last time I was so bored in a pub.

Win the World Cup? My ar5e.You have to have a decent shot at goal to do that!

It doesn't help if you play invisible men like Lampard & Lennon. Who says Lampard and Gerrard can't play together?

Well most people in the pub last night, so why can't Capello see it?

What has Joe Cole done to upset him, he was a star in the warm up friendlies and now can't get a game.

Oh it's just so
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

It hasn’t been a good World Cup on the betting front with all these surprise results but at least I got my money back on last night’s game. I did a couple of scorecasts with Rooney to score first and England to win 2-0 and 3-0. Thankfully Bet365 offer you your money back on these type of bets if the game finishes 0-0. I think Lampard, Heskey etc. must have had the same bet

You're right about Joe Cole ROBCamra, he must fancy his chances of getting on the pitch next Wednesday after watching the last two games. Cole to be first goalscorer and a 1-1 draw could be the bet.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

We re-routed to a packed Knights Templar (Chancery lane), as not all could make it to Leyton in time but, if I can dredge up a few quid, hopefully the William IV will be the Wed venue where I watch the launch of the turnaround. Well, it can only get better... can't it?
    I've just been watching my recording of the game to verify whether it was as poor as I vaguely recall. It was.
    Struggling today after my first visit to t'pub for longer than I care to remember. I think I did it justice.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

FIFA have funny little animations of all the goals on their site here. You can choose from all the matches, and change the view by clicking on the star shaped thing at the bottom.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Squeeky bum time... I'm off to the Flask in Hampstead in an hour or so - COME ON ENGLAND - screw your loaf!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Well oddly enough a few of us here at work have managed to book a few ,"ahem", site visits for this afternoon. Whether that turns out to be worthwhile however is another issue.

Well , heres wishing England the very best of luck . Hopefully in the form of some goals.Where ever you watch it have a great time....regards....I am off to the pub now..Arwkrite.