Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Pubs Galore App Android

  1. #11
    I'll stay on me own Lady Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Hi there, there seems to be a promlem with the photo option on the Pubs Galore App. Usually when you use the app, you can go to the page of the pub that you want to look at and select the view photo bar. However I have tried this lately, the bar does not function. This is a shame because I quite like using the app.

  2. #12
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I've been fiddling around with server settings and think they are both working now.

    I only really use the Real Ale Pubs Galore app, the other one is very old now and isn't particularly likely to be updated.

    The real ale one is my doing and may get some enhancements at some point, the main thing I wanted to achieve with it was a fast loading map of nearby pubs with links to get me to the normal web pages of the site.
    I have just got an Android phone and seen the "Real Ale Pubs Galore" guide for the first time. It is working fine. I love the different colours for Real and Keg pubs.
    Perhaps Pubs Galore could have an option to show this!!

  3. #13
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    938

    Default

    On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!)
    Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave!

  4. #14
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!)
    Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave!
    This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
    (Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
    Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App.

  5. #15
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
    (Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
    Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App.
    It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

    I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.

  6. #16
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

    I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.
    I can't get any in Stockport, Altrincham and Sale but as soon as i try in Cheshire the links are OK. I have just put about 30 back in East Manchester. Central Manchester seems hit and miss but a lot are missing. It seems Camra Branch dependant with none working in Stockport/S Manchester an d Trafford & Hulme (Altrincham & Sale. Is it their software doing it?

  7. #17
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them.

    I have now figured out why the app and the website are showing different things, just need to work out how to get them back in sync.

  8. #18
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them
    I noticed yesterday that some of the Whatpub links had gone from the pubs in Nottingham I was reviewing. Not sure if that helps or hinders ….


    I am a salmon !!

  9. #19
    Administrator Dave M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look!

  10. #20
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look!
    Just tried a couple of Sale examples, and these have been reinstated!

Similar Threads

  1. What Pub v Pubs Galore
    By gillhalfpint in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-01-2015, 09:22
  2. Pubs Galore App
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 13:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •