Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore App Android

Hi there, there seems to be a promlem with the photo option on the Pubs Galore App. Usually when you use the app, you can go to the page of the pub that you want to look at and select the view photo bar. However I have tried this lately, the bar does not function. This is a shame because I quite like using the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I've been fiddling around with server settings and think they are both working now.

I only really use the Real Ale Pubs Galore app, the other one is very old now and isn't particularly likely to be updated.

The real ale one is my doing and may get some enhancements at some point, the main thing I wanted to achieve with it was a fast loading map of nearby pubs with links to get me to the normal web pages of the site.
    I have just got an Android phone and seen the "Real Ale Pubs Galore" guide for the first time. It is working fine. I love the different colours for Real and Keg pubs.
    Perhaps Pubs Galore could have an option to show this!!

On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!)
    Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!)
    Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave!
    This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
    (Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
    Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
    (Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
    Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App.
    It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.

It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.
    I can't get any in Stockport, Altrincham and Sale but as soon as i try in Cheshire the links are OK. I have just put about 30 back in East Manchester. Central Manchester seems hit and miss but a lot are missing. It seems Camra Branch dependant with none working in Stockport/S Manchester an d Trafford & Hulme (Altrincham & Sale. Is it their software doing it?

I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them.

I have now figured out why the app and the website are showing different things, just need to work out how to get them back in sync.

I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them
    I noticed yesterday that some of the Whatpub links had gone from the pubs in Nottingham I was reviewing. Not sure if that helps or hinders ….

I am a salmon !!

I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look!

I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look!
    Just tried a couple of Sale examples, and these have been reinstated!