Visit the Cooking Lager site

This has got nothing to do with beer. This is a movie review for Sex and the City 2. It's my blog, I can write whatever rubbish I like. The film is shit. Complete and utter shit. It does not possess a single redeeming feature. It is complete and utter shit. Not all chick flicks are shit. Over the past couple of years I’ve sat through a fair few. Some are better than others. Occasionally one is quite a good film. Not this one. It is shit. Shit with a capital S.

Not even an overpriced bottle of lout in the bar beforehand could rescue it.

Recently the lady squeeze had me sitting through a film called Mannequin on a channel usually devoted to pop videos called Viva. That had Kim Cattrall in it too. It was about a bloke that falls in love with a shop dummy. Yup you read it correct. An example of 1980’s cinema that has you thanking the fact that “they don’t make them like that anymore”. Prior to Sex and the City 2 I thought that was the worst film I’d ever seen. Nope, Kim Cattrall has bettered herself, and made a worse movie. At least in Mannequin she was a tasty looking piece. Sex and City 2 is just a load of old birds in stupid outfits talking crap. The first film was poor. I didn’t mind the TV series. It was TV for lasses but I could cope with it. Can of lout in hand, it was occasionally funny. I preferred Will & Grace, but as far as sitcoms for lasses go, it wasn’t that bad. Sex and the City 2 is shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.

I’m a simple sort of fella. All I want out of life is a fridge full of cheap lager and a tasty lass to play with. There is a price. Sex and the City 2 is the point at which the price becomes high.

EDIT: other shit things I did this weekend, watched the Eurovision song contest, gardening, visited the future in-laws. Cans of lout necked = 3. Next weekend I am on the lout, and that is that.

More...