Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New server

Default New server

So this evening I've switched PG over to a new server. A job I've been putting off for the last 18 months but needed to be done.

As almost every aspect of the server has changed since the last move I've had to make lots of tiny modifications to get the site to work.

Lots of tiny modifications almost certainly equals lots of tiny new bugs that I couldn't have imagined so if anyone notices things that aren't working now that previously did then please let me know and I'll look into them.

As I'm already seeing new photos, reviews and map corrections going through I think I'm going to call it a night, get some sleep and start fixing issues in the morning.

Hello Dave. Thanks for all your hard work as always! On thing I have noticed is that the site won't let me 'submit' a web link on a pub's page - if I hit the 'submit' button, nothing happens. Anything to do with the update, or something wrong my end? Cheers.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

I've fiddled about the the web link code a lot as there were a few bugs, so not surprised to hear of a problem there.

I'll look into it and get back to you.

I found a bug in there, give it a try and it might work now. If not let me know and I'll go digging further.

I have already seen improvements! Two of the three Welsh counties that could not be "clicked out of" now can be. Dyfed and my county, Clwyd, now OK. That just leaves Gwent as the only county you cannot escape from.

We good. Cheers Dave!
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Hello Dave. Thanks for all your hard work as always! On thing I have noticed is that the site won't let me 'submit' a web link on a pub's page - if I hit the 'submit' button, nothing happens. Anything to do with the update, or something wrong my end? Cheers.
    A dwarf can now approve web links again too, after last night's glitch.

This Space For Hire

My phone has again regained the drag and drop upload option that has seemingly been hit and miss recently. Is server swap related to certificate errors I've encountered recently on varying devices.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    My phone has again regained the drag and drop upload option that has seemingly been hit and miss recently. Is server swap related to certificate errors I've encountered recently on varying devices.
    Ah yes, I was wondering if that was now working for you.

For various reasons I've been wanting to get the site running on https (getting the green padlock icon in the top left of the browser) for about 18 months. I tried doing it on the old server but it started causing all sorts of problems. So yes the server upgrade was partly about making it easier for me to get secure certificates for the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ah yes, I was wondering if that was now working for you.

For various reasons I've been wanting to get the site running on https (getting the green padlock icon in the top left of the browser) for about 18 months. I tried doing it on the old server but it started causing all sorts of problems. So yes the server upgrade was partly about making it easier for me to get secure certificates for the site.
    A few more random things noted:
    1) The dotted line around the 'Upload' zone no longer turns into a solid box as you 'drag & drop' files into it (but it still works).
    2) Getting certificate errors on my mobile but not on the PC.
    3) For the first time ever, it appears that I can add a pub on my PC (where previously I could get no further than the postcode check) rather than having to resort to my 'phone.
    4) The mobile site seems out of date (with new pubs added by various people over the last few weeks not showing up).