Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beermats ??

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Don't the reps hand them out? I suppose whether they do or not these days depends on their marketing and advertising budget
    Certainly what I assumed, and like you say for whatever reason they don't see them as worthwhile, pity as I thought they were great for branding. Also were really handy for mopping up beer after the umpteenth time I have hit the table whilst wildly gesticulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I collected them up to being about 19, and had literally hundreds of them on my bedroom wall. I moved away to go to poly and when I came home at the end of the first term they had all gone and my old room had been decorated in some bland guest room style.
    OMG (to use my Daughters favourite expression ), you mean I was not alone..

I had two walls and half the ceiling covered whilst in my early teens. I was particularily proud of my collection of Ind Coope Burton Ale (if my memory does not fail me) large double size beer mats that came in numbered sets of 12 (or may have been 24) each with a different beer related story on the back. i believe they did three sets in total and it took a serious amount of visits to my local to get the whole set(s). These covered most of the ceiling.

And as my Poly was driveable it wasn't until I stayed away for the final year that my collection disappeared..

I think my mum worked on the premiss that it wasn't healthy for a 21 year old , and more pertinently she had no chance of grand children if I continued to look like a saddo to any prospective conquest I brought home..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Switching over to this thread from the what else should be in a pub thread (this one has the more appropriate title).

We clearly got Andy Ven's creative juices going (hope you don't mind me posting it up).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PG Beermat..jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	285

I still think that it is a little too soon for us to do this sort of direct marketing, but certainly good fun to speculate.

Personalising them a little may be fun, may have to be a ball point pen job though, something about review this pub by going to pubsgalore and typing in xyzgobbledigook.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Well, I don't want to sound contentious, but can anyone else now see the representation of a ghost with 4 fingers in its mouth in the PG logo? A hidden optical illusion?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

You can't say our logo isn't a good source of debate.

It's all good advertising I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I'm soooo behind the times!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I do wonder if I should revive that old thread, but I still like Youngie's interpretation as a lions head.

I still like Youngie's interpretation as a lions head.
    Very appropriate for the forthcoming jamboree, but the print & distribution timeline might be a bit tight...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Yeah just over 3 weeks before it is all over now.

Switching over to this thread from the what else should be in a pub thread (this one has the more appropriate title).

We clearly got Andy Ven's creative juices going (hope you don't mind me posting it up).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PG Beermat..jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	285

I still think that it is a little too soon for us to do this sort of direct marketing, but certainly good fun to speculate.

Personalising them a little may be fun, may have to be a ball point pen job though, something about review this pub by going to pubsgalore and typing in xyzgobbledigook.
    Yes, you can see by comparing my artwork to my reviews that I can only be classed as one type of artist!

You could add a space on the beermat for this pub has been reviewed on Pubs Galore by........... (like a calling card)

I thought the logo looks like a ghoul puking, maybe after a few too many
    Waes hael!