Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beermats ??

Default Beermats ??

Hi all,

Just noticed the subject of beermats has been mentioned on another thread and it got me thinking.

As we are all a bit obsessed with pubs am I right in assuming that we have all, at some time, been beermat collectors in the past - ( or tegestologist's if you prefer ! ).

I must admit to still finding them hard to resist. Although I wouldn't say I am a collector now I do sometimes pick the odd one up. A bit sad I suppose but I do it without thinking. Not all the time, just now and then. I find them next morning on the mantlepiece with a pile of shrapnel.

Is it just me ??

Cheers,

Del.

Ive never actually collected them but did pick up & keep some unusual ones at Beer Festivals over the years Like Double Diamond Cask & Whitbread Porter Cask and several others.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

I had a decent collection until I was about 14 and then I gave them away.

I will pick up the odd one now and again, especially if they are part of a set that make up a bigger picture, but they have to be clean ones
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post

Is it just me ??

Cheers,

Del.

No not just you, I suffered from it until my mid-twenties then I gave the lot to the 13 year old lad next door. I do occasionally pick up the odd interesting one but I use them as beer mats at home not as an adjunct to my Obsessive Complusive Disorder . The other distressing condition I had was bottles..... anyone want to buy a load of old beer bottles (full ones)?

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

When me Dad died a few years back , i had the job of clearing out his old shed , the walls were covered in beermats up to 4 deep , every beer he tried he got a beermat for (if available)
    I used to collect Malt Whisky bottles , allgone now to the great bottle bank in the sky
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

No, I'm not that sad - I did however collect plastic beer barrel caps from the pub my old dear used to work in!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I have enough rubbish cluttering up my house but apart from half a dozen or so that specifically took my fancy, I have never hoarded beermats.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

My dad used to make me collect beermats when I was about 11/12, I remain convinced that it was just an excuse for him to visit pubs himself though as I don't remember ever expressing an interest at that age.

As to pubs I don't seem to ever notice them consistently these days, I always assumed they only had them if one of their suppliers happened to give them a job load.

Don't the reps hand them out? I suppose whether they do or not these days depends on their marketing and advertising budget
    Waes hael!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I collected them up to being about 19, and had literally hundreds of them on my bedroom wall. I moved away to go to poly and when I came home at the end of the first term they had all gone and my old room had been decorated in some bland guest room style.

I currently have around 30 beer festival glasses cluttering up the kitchen cupboards.