Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore - the next crawl (Stockport, Autumn 2017)

Default Pubs Galore - the next crawl (Stockport, Autumn 2017)

This year's crawls have been in London (25 March) and the Midlands (23 June), so I think we need to agree on a northern venue for this year's autumn crawl. We usually do this in November rather than October - is this to avoid a clash with half-term holidays and consequent difficulty obtaining cheap train tickets? I assume so.

Previous autumn dates (and I'm assuming we're going for a Friday as usual) have included 5 October (a bit of an outlier, this - it was the Black Country coach trip organised by Andy Ven and included a number of non-PuGers, as I recall), and 11, 12, 13, 14, 18 and 22 November.

Previous northern venues have been Liverpool, Leeds, York, Hull and Huddersfield.

Previous suggestions have included Newcastle, Durham, Chester, Lancaster, Lincoln, Sheffield, Manchester and Stockport. (Please correct me if I have omitted any.)

Just to get the ball rolling, I propose Stockport as the destination this autumn, with a choice of 3, 10 or 17 November.
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This year's crawls have been in London (25 March) and the Midlands (23 June), so I think we need to agree on a northern venue for this year's autumn crawl. We usually do this in November rather than October - is this to avoid a clash with half-term holidays and consequent difficulty obtaining cheap train tickets? I assume so.

Previous autumn dates (and I'm assuming we're going for a Friday as usual) have included 5 October (a bit of an outlier, this - it was the Black Country coach trip organised by Andy Ven and included a number of non-PuGers, as I recall), and 11, 12, 13, 14, 18 and 22 November.

Previous northern venues have been Liverpool, Leeds, York, Hull and Huddersfield.

Previous suggestions have included Newcastle, Durham, Chester, Lancaster, Lincoln, Sheffield, Manchester and Stockport. (Please correct me if I have omitted any.)

Just to get the ball rolling, I propose Stockport as the destination this autumn, with a choice of 3, 10 or 17 November.

I would be happy with Stockport,and any Friday in November is good for me.I visited 4 pubs in Stockport quite recently and realised I had only scratched the surface,plus a revisit to those 4 would be more than acceptable.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

I know nothing of Stockport but more than willing to give it a go, hopefully there is a possibility of a few train deals before November to slim down the basic advance ticket cost of £80.00 for me, November shouldnt be a problem.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I know nothing of Stockport but more than willing to give it a go, hopefully there is a possibility of a few train deals before November to slim down the basic advance ticket cost of £80.00 for me, November shouldnt be a problem.
    Have you explored split ticketing Moby, often deals on Virgin.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Have you explored split ticketing Moby, often deals on Virgin.
    I will do, but the usual problem is the cost of getting to London at the time of morning I would need to leave at, not much change out of 40 quid saving 70p on a ticket split! I think the way forward will be travel the day before and look at an overnight stop.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'm booked up the first three weekends in November so won't be there. If anyone is staying overnight the Robinson's Visitor Centre opens at 09:00 and as food doesn't start until 10:30 then I would assume that they sell the beer at that time. Sadly they don't do breakfasts and I don't think they do Old Tom until December, I didn't think much of the JDW but if you're after breakfast and unlimited coffee then it's most likely fine.

Stockport in November works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Stockport in November works for me.
    And me....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    And me....
    But would prefer the 3rd and 17th to the 10th....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Would be a quick re-visit for me - currently scheduled for a Stockport crawl 21Oct, £11ew I think.
    I note I need to add the Fairway to my usuals up there.