Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 6 June 2010)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default Beer of the Week (w/e 6 June 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    So if May is Mild what do I have to start looking out for now it is June?
    Hi Conrad!

I had a pint of Leed's Brewery Midnight Bell today.. it is excellent! very similar to Titanic Chocolate and Vanilla. Very dangerously drinkable! I think it is 4.3%. It was in Tamworth's JDW Silk Kite.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I had a pint of Leed's Brewery Midnight Bell today.. it is excellent! very similar to Titanic Chocolate and Vanilla. Very dangerously drinkable! I think it is 4.3%.
    Actually, Hoppy it's 4.8%, which makes it even more dangerous. It slides down like mothers' milk though, doesn't it?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Actually, Hoppy it's 4.8%, which makes it even more dangerous. It slides down like mothers' milk though, doesn't it?
    Thanks for clearing up! I wasn't sure about %.

It was very lovely pint, bit milky if you know what I mean.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Had a decent session tonight, dominated by dark beers. Tried Springhead 'The Leveller', Fernandes 'Wakefield Pride' & 'Sportsman's Stout', Wentworth 'Short & Stout' and Naylor's 'Black & Tan'. So far the Sportsman's is in the lead.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    It was very lovely pint,
    With you on this one Hoppy. The Midnight bell was my fave of the Leeds Brewery beers when I had a weekend in Leeds last year.. Sadly not seen them appearing south of Watford Gap yet...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    The Midnight bell was my fave of the Leeds Brewery beers when I had a weekend in Leeds last year..
    Funnily enough, I thought of you when I was in The Grove on Thursday lunchtime. I remember reading your original review that said the locals kept you there until gone midnight. It's still as friendly and the beer as good. If you ever make it up to Leeds again, let me know. There are some other fine places, that you missed last time, I could show you.

Yep, that was a great way to finish what had been a really good day, and i still thank you for your recommendations.

Will certainly take you up on your offer.. There is talk of us ressurecting our Vets football tour to the North York Dales, but as we've now got more dodgy knees and ankles than the England squad, the football will probably be replaced by shove halfpenny and a game of pool....

Anyway, have two crawls in central London arranged for the next two nights, where I'll probably find my beer of the week (to get us back on thread), but I'm not expecting to find any hidden Grove Inn's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Anyway, have two crawls in central London arranged for the next two nights
    Don't suppose you'll be toasting Dan Hipkiss on your travels.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Don't suppose you'll be toasting Dan Hipkiss on your travels.
    Already got over that , and it was equally the fault of the Sarries pack switching off when they saw the ref award the pen as it was quick thinking from Hipkiss..

The great thing about being a rugby fan is that it doesn't bugger you up for a whole week , , like in Footballwhen your team looses . A few post match wet ones in the Barmy Arms and the Eel Pie by the Thames with the Leicester supporters, and the result was largely forgotten.

And already looking forward to doing it again for the Zurich Premiership season kick off double header in September...