Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Minehead spoons/Lloyds bar.

Hybrid View

This Space For Hire

Default Minehead spoons/Lloyds bar.

Having arrived in Minehead it's obvious that there is a whetherspoons and a Lloyds bar so should they be two separate bars? I think they should be as there is two points of entry and differing opening times after checking in to my accommodation in whetherspoons. I can party till 2.30 in Lloyds and 2 in spoons. I've recced the venues and they are two separate places even the staff apologise for Lloyds being a noisy nightmare for whetherspoons residents.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 18-06-2017 at 06:04.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

You have taken the time to visit the establishment,so what you are suggesting seems very fair to me. Unusually the 'spoons has not been visited (yet) by Aqualung,but his input maybe useful to clear up why there are two seperate operations here.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

I've texted my dad to ask what he did when he did it. Reading some of the literature in the hotel room this morning implied only open weekends and doesn't open till 10 pm so not worth adding. First spoons I've encountered it. I'll be counting it as an extra pub though.

Re Aqualung. He's recently been to most of the ones in the south west so surprised he didn't come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    You have taken the time to visit the establishment,so what you are suggesting seems very fair to me. Unusually the 'spoons has not been visited (yet) by Aqualung,but his input maybe useful to clear up why there are two seperate operations here.
    There are a few Spoons around with different bars that don't necessarily open at the same time. You'll know one, the George in Croydon!
    I think adding it twice would just make things very confusing. I certainly don't make a point of getting a drink from both bars where there is more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Re Aqualung. He's recently been to most of the ones in the south west so surprised he didn't come here.
    Not so at all! Manchester and the South West are my weakest areas (apart from Ireland of course). I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. I'm going to this one in a few weeks time. I reckon I've got 145 to go now.

This Space For Hire

South West may be too large of an area but my subscriptions to Bristol, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Somerset has seen lots of emails generated due to you spooning in the area recently.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    South West may be too large of an area but my subscriptions to Bristol, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Somerset has seen lots of emails generated due to you spooning in the area recently.
    I went to the last four in Bristol yesterday and have completed Gloucs and Wilts. Still a few in Somerset but Devon is awkward as apart from Exeter, Plymouth and Torbay they are all over the place and there isn't much more than the single main railway line.

As a resident, do you have any thoughts you would like to share about transport (public or otherwise) in the City of Bristol?