Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Prediction Game

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    Ditto. Played or watched football for 50 years and i am still non the wiser.
    Isn't that what makes it enjoyable though

Have to admit my attempts are proving fairly pathetic.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I noticed some instances where 'margin points' were not awarded for the correct score of one of the teams (0.25pt) but now conclude that these apply only if the win/draw result has been correctly forecast.
    Yes, you're right trainman, if you don't get the 'win team 1 - draw- win team 2' result right then you get no points. If you do get it right you get 1pt. Then get 0.5pt if you also got the goal difference right and 0.25pt for each team where you got the correct number of goals. So if you get the score spot on you should get 2pts.

Then there's the bonus points allocated between our pool, but don't ask me how to work that one out
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I think that the person nearest to the correct result gets a bonus point, and if there are more than one the point is split 0.5, 0.33, 0.25.. Could be wrong though!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Well something else I have to be grateful to Soup for. There is someone on here worse than me at predicting International Football results.

I'd be doing really well if the matches only lasted 80 minutes - Once again a late goal has made my maximum points turn into a big fat zero!

Well done to New Zealand for their first ever World Cup point - Basts!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Nice result for trainman though. Have to admit I did enjoy seeing New Zealand score the late goal, I thought they had done enough.

Well done N Z. But is this, so far, the dullest World Cup ever. Due to work commitments, or lack of them, i have watched every game but apart from the Germany match and perhaps the first game there is nowt to shout about. It seem that teams are more afraid of losing rather than the anticipation of winning. All to the background of those flippin vuvuzala,s.
    From the home of the kebab of doom

Well done N Z. But is this, so far, the dullest World Cup ever. Due to work commitments, or lack of them, i have watched every game but apart from the Germany match and perhaps the first game there is nowt to shout about. It seem that teams are more afraid of losing rather than the anticipation of winning. All to the background of those flippin vuvuzala,s.
    I've seen hem all for the same reason and I have to agree that the vast majority of games are rubbish. I enjoyed the Germany game and The Argie game was good along with the performance of a lifetime from the North Koreans tonight. Hopefully the nerves will go and we'll have some great second round group games.

Also, I didn't think that I could dislike Ronaldo(h) any more than I do, but he always manages to amaze me how much of a cheat he is.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

the dullest World Cup ever.
    The dullest World Cup ever is still better than the most exciting other sporting event ever. It's the World Cup. It's great.

Anyway, nothing can be worse than the opening batch of games from 1990, which were a total snore-fest so far as I can remember. And in those days the pass-back to the 'keeper was allowed too. Imagine if that was still allowed now...
    Last edited by Evil Gazebo; 15-06-2010 at 23:38.
    And you can really taste the hops!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Just topped up a few predictions (with the precious 'insight' that the first round of matches has offered, hahaha) & notice that Gann & EG might want to get their scores in for tonight's game.
    Gill has tomorrow evening's match down as the game of the tournament so far - Mexico 4: France 3, sounds like a cracker!