Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men Brewing Badly

What little I know of the citizens of South Africa leads me to believe Budweiser and FIFA are only small hurdles to cross. I think the locals , one way or the other, will provide plenty of alternatives. Some could perhaps turn you blind or give you nerve damage but I am sure local brewers will make a few bob. They will just have to wait for the Brits , Germans and Dutch to arrive.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Well, I've watched the 2nd episode and must admit I didn't understand the inference about only American lager until I saw tonight's news which mentioned that Fifa have banned the presence of any beer that isn't budweiser!!!!!!!!!!

How can they do that? It's tasteless piss, and surely breweries of the host continent must be allowed to make something out of the tournament? I now understand more fully the, admittedly farcical, premise of the (MBB) programme, and have to support it.
    I detest these sponsorship monopolies, whatever happened to free trade? I'm sure if challenged legally they could be curbed. I seem to recall another tournament relatively recently where you could only buy tickets with a particular credit card, Mastercard maybe?

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I know in America if an event is sponsered by Pepsi your searched to make sure you have no Coke logos or cans of coke in your coolbox(common at american sports events) its crazy
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I know in America if an event is sponsered by Pepsi your searched to make sure you have no Coke logos or cans of coke in your coolbox(common at american sports events) its crazy
    Well I'm certainly no advertising guru, but if that happened to me or anyone I know I'm sure it would be quite some time before I bought the advertisers product again. It would definitely have a reverse effect.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    It would definitely have a reverse effect.
    Agreed.

Companies that go to those extremes must have some sort of confidence problem with their brand.. I will not drink Budweiser or ANY brand of cola for the simple reasons that one is tasteless and the other has a gawd awful taste. Nothing like good old British Lemonade, full of flavourings and E numbers and no lemons. But it cuts the thirst unlike sickly sweet colas. As for Budweiser what are you supposed to do with it ? I know the adverts say drink it but tap water is cheaper and tastes better.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Wetherspoons are fighting back in their own particular way though. They’ve bought the Zululand Brewery guy over from South Africa and he’ll be brewing the Zulu Blonde that featured at the last festival during the World Cup. He’ll be brewing at Everards this time rather than Marstons. Something to look forward to
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.