Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: The benefits of being up to date

Default The benefits of being up to date

As some of you will know part of my job at PuG is to monitor the site stats, to see how many people are visiting, how they are finding us and trying to work out how to get more in.

Whilst looking at this weeks stats a nice little story unfolded that I thought I'd share.

On May 17th, Strongers submitted the Piri Piri Sports Bar to the site. When I look at new pubs I do a few checks to make sure the details look right and that we don't already have it. Sure enough we didn't have it already listed but I could find very little other information anywhere with the exception of a Facebook page. That seemed to suggest it had only been the Piri Piri Sports Bar since March. So I went on to approve it and thought nothing more.

Yesterday I looked at the daily stats for Thursday and was excited to see it had been the busiest day of the year so far. On close inspection I discovered that the Piri Piri bar had been allocated as a Millwill pub for this weekends play off final. This led to lots of Millwall fans searching for it and of course the only site on the web with any useful information on the venue is PuG, we also picked up a few links off Millwall forums with comments along the lines of "this is all I can find about the place".

In all around 300 Millwall fans read Strongers review of the venue, I have to admit I am wondering how many of them actually visited given the apparent lack of toilets!

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is just to say thank you to everyone who helps keep the site as up to date as possible and is helping to make us the most relevant pub site. Every contribution really does help, but I wanted to highlight one that had such an instant and dramatic effect!

I must admit the it took me an age to find the address as I couldn't find any mention of it on the web. I ended up using google streetview to find out what it used to be called.

My money was on Swindon this afternoon, but Millwall deserved the win.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

You'll probably find that the bar no longer exists if 300 Millwall fans have been there today.